Moving to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2017 5:33 PM by frejin Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi. We are in the process of selling up prior to moving to Spain at the end of April. We need to organise some accomodation from here in the uk.  We are locating to the Albox/Aroleas area. I'm retired with a pension and my Jinny has a job there. My question is, does anyone know of a trustworthy person or an organisation with suitable property to rent? A 2 or 3 bedroomed Finca would be good, or a villa with a rent for either of up to 400 euros.  Also, are there any pitfalls  to be avoided?

Like 0      
04 Mar 2017 5:38 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

hi frejin

Have we not done this before?

https://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-22711.aspx

Did you decide that 1000€ per month is enough

Good luck with your move

Like 1      
04 Mar 2017 7:50 PM by Elsietanner Star rating in Alicante & New York. 164 posts Send private message

Elsietanner´s avatar

Also, are there any pitfalls  to be avoided?

Yes, with only a 1,000 euro a month, getting on the plane.

Like 1      
04 Mar 2017 9:38 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

There are several forums in the Arboleas/ Albox area so suggest you contact these for assistance in finding suitable accommodation and possible pitfalls relating to the area.

cheers

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 9:42 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

In your post you said that Jinny has a job there .... And then you said you meaning  presumably both of you will have €1,000 if the money quoted is including Jinny's wage then think again .

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 11:18 AM by frejin Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

No Windtalker. It means I would have my pension and she would be earning her own money. Effectively meaning we will have around 2000 euros to survive on whilst leaving our nest egg untouched.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 11:23 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Frejin 

I think congratulations are in order to jinny on getting a job so quickly

Well done and good luck 

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 12:50 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

If you have €2,000 pm when you take away around the €400 pm rent That with Will leave you around €1,600 pm to live on .....personally I think that would be more than enough for you both to have a good living standard good luck and enjoy Spain.

Like 2      
05 Mar 2017 5:05 PM by frejin Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

You've been a mine of information, johnzx. Thanks for taking the trouble to respond to all my questsions.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lapsed planning permission - 0 posts
SAVING TO BUY PROPERTY? - 5 posts
When do we need to register? - 26 posts
road trip through the pyranee - 2 posts
Air conditioning work - 9 posts
Keith Rule, Maria de Castro and SpanishReclaim - 19 posts
Scam regarding Actions Against banks Law 57/68 - 5 posts
Floor clauses - 9 posts
PX Your UK flat (IOW) for our 2 up 2 down Town House Alahurin el Grande, Malaga - 0 posts
No win, no fee lawyer desperately needed - 7 posts
Finding long term rentals - 6 posts
Santander bank charges - 4 posts
Invalidity pension - 5 posts
Car Center Murcia - 0 posts
Any private health insurance recommendations for living in Spain - 0 posts
jackbean - 4 posts
Fire Stick/Kodi in Spain - 7 posts
Re Registering my LHD vehicle in Spain - 8 posts
Moving to spain hello we are lorenzo 48,Carolien 46 and Cassidy nearly 4 - 4 posts
Your own car hire business - 0 posts
Trampolin Hills and liability of La Caixa and other banks according to LEY 57/1968 - 3 posts
What a relief!! - 6 posts
Ownership of property - 6 posts
WHAT IS A SPANISH PROPERTY REALY WORTH - 83 posts
Electricity costs - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x