SAVING TO BUY PROPERTY?

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2017 1:00 PM by costa67 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

We are intending to rent in Spain for a number of years whilst saving to buy a Spanish property. We will have our income paid into a UK bank account, we will then open a Spanish bank account and transfer living expenses every month. My question is, should we put our savings into the Spanish or UK account every month bearing in mind the costs of eventually transferring that money to Spain when we eventually want to buy in Spain. 

Like 0      
04 Mar 2017 1:55 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I can see no difference at present. Cannot see how costful and difficult will be when  when Brexit is finally enforced

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Feb 2019 12:26 AM by Corne Star rating in Turkey. 2 posts Send private message

Why don't you consider opening a cryptocurrency wallet, changing your money e.g. to Monero and then selling it against Euros to be deposited to your Spanish bank account. You wouldn't have any transfer costs or permissions to take care of that way.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2019 9:13 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

You might want to consider a 3, 4 or 5 year year fixed rate ISA - you get 2% currently, not a lot, but more than any totally safe bank account.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2019 11:02 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I think they will have sorted something by now as the OP was almost 2 years ago.

Like 1      
08 Feb 2019 4:36 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

I know this post is two years old ...but I must say what a arse  about face way of going about your business ...firstly what would . residents of Spain be doing with a bank account in the UK .( you need to have a permanent address in the UK to get a bank account)....secondly are you referring to saving up for a deposit for a mortgage or are you going to rent and spend the next 50 years saving. …. and then buy a property out right.. You might find that you will never own a property as they tend to rise in value year after year why on earth would you want your wages paid into a UK bank and then transfer from a UK bank back into a Spanish bank.when you are living as a residents in Spain.....personally I think you are on a wind up.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 08/02/2019.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

When do we need to register? - 26 posts
road trip through the pyranee - 2 posts
Air conditioning work - 9 posts
Keith Rule, Maria de Castro and SpanishReclaim - 19 posts
Scam regarding Actions Against banks Law 57/68 - 5 posts
Floor clauses - 9 posts
PX Your UK flat (IOW) for our 2 up 2 down Town House Alahurin el Grande, Malaga - 0 posts
No win, no fee lawyer desperately needed - 7 posts
Finding long term rentals - 6 posts
Santander bank charges - 4 posts
Invalidity pension - 5 posts
Car Center Murcia - 0 posts
Any private health insurance recommendations for living in Spain - 0 posts
jackbean - 4 posts
Fire Stick/Kodi in Spain - 7 posts
Re Registering my LHD vehicle in Spain - 8 posts
Moving to spain hello we are lorenzo 48,Carolien 46 and Cassidy nearly 4 - 4 posts
Your own car hire business - 0 posts
Trampolin Hills and liability of La Caixa and other banks according to LEY 57/1968 - 3 posts
What a relief!! - 6 posts
Ownership of property - 6 posts
WHAT IS A SPANISH PROPERTY REALY WORTH - 83 posts
Electricity costs - 21 posts
Getting Eu registration certificate if working part-time - 10 posts
My Offer has been accepted - 109 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x