EASY PEASY!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi All,

I thought i would share my experience of the last few days as firstly a guide and secondly a true example of what buying property in Spain should be all about.

Before being shot down this is a blow by blow true account of the purchase procedure as it unravelled this week.

Last Wednesday; An old client who pops into the shop every know and again for a chat about the price of milk etc...etc.... arrived in the office we a couple of his friends who had sold up in the UK and were looking for property,they had just arrived fresh from the airport and looked like startled rabbits!!!!! after a chat concerning wish lists etc i artranged a viewing on what i thought would suit them,the first viewing generally gauges where you need to go from there and rarely hits the spot.

At 4.30 they had reserved the property after tears of elation!!!!! words like "perfect" were being banded around and i was looking for jeremy beadle!!! as a rule this does not happen.

Thursday; After picking them up from their friends and quite expecting them to saying "only joking" and "show me some more" thjey told me that had not slept all night(uh oh!) and had planned the furniture layout to the last picture frame(hey hey!).

Open bank account and off to the builders office for contract signed and €3000 extraction(only jokin)

Friday;Vets(register cat and dog)Doctors,Town hall(to see where they were)Builder(work on underbuild quote)

Sat and Sun;weekend off for good behaviour and being great clients.

Monday;Solicitors with contract to check legalities,land registry etc.... wills and such discussed,NIE paperwork prepared.

Tuesday;6.15am(that hurt!!!) off to town hall for NIE,number 4 and 5 in the queue,stamped,snarled at, tuck them back into bed at 9.30 a.m as they leave at 11.00pm tonight.

Notary date set for 3 weeks,Pickfords faxed with correct addresss and streetmap.

Present time;Georgia sat in office with big smile on face and clients happy as a dog with 2.......(happy!)

This is just reasurance to those out there looking to make this leap of faith that the whole process can be simple,efficient and rewarding if you follow guidelines and use time served methods.

Now i am not saying that this is true for every single purchase or individual that sets out down the path of ownership,but if you take into consideration that one of the couple was disabled and at times pushed me on and for them to trust me to guide them was an absolute pleasure.

This is when i really love my job!!!!!!

Georgia

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 5:51 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Well done my friend I am sure that yoy got your just reward for a job well done - not to mention some sort of commission cheque - nice to know there are others out there who get a buzz from doing it right not just making a living!! 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 12:39 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Well done Georgia!

Glad you had a good one and its really (as you know) what the business is all about

The get rich quick agents dont realise this business is effectively a recycling one, with resales from people sold to and refferrals etc keeping the whole thing turning!

Also good you stated step by step how it was done so people coming over have an idea of what to do as well, as many have no idea of what they want to buy or what they need.

Enjoy the moment - you will have many others - but dont take it out on the local councillors any more!!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 4:46 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Rixxy-The local councillor thingy is a bit of a sore point at the moment, especially for him!!!!!(seee Coastrider for details).

It is really great when it all comes together like that and a great feeling.

Smiley-Thanks mate,the commision cheque feeds the kids and the joy feeds the soul!!!!

By the way,i have had the pleasure of Morerosado and hubby this week,came out to the footie with us Saturday night and unfortunately witnessed the whole councillor incident,she is in good spirits and good for a gossip.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 5:41 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I gathered that from your email earlier - you beast!!!

Say hi to Morerosado, hope the weather is ok up there, a bit overcast down here today

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BUYING PARCEL OF LAND FOR COMMERCIAL USE??? - 0 posts
Buying a property, moorings, boat, Spanish Bank account and need financial advice - 2 posts
lessons for drivers - the other side of the road! - 12 posts
Hola anyone in Daya Nueva - 0 posts
Buying into offplan? Fine, as long as you can COMPLETE on it. - 5 posts
Builders Clean - 17 posts
Shot Guns/Firearms - 0 posts
Hola - 20 posts
What happens when Planning permission is not granted - 2 posts
Alicante Airport Transfers? - 1 posts
Airport Transfers from Alicante - 1 posts
Business Wanted - 3 posts
Long Term Rental Wanted - 1 posts
Railway Station - 10 posts
Recovering Unpaid Rent - Help Please! - 2 posts
Airtel Aircondition Units - 3 posts
Where is Maria Delcastro? - 5 posts
Hiya all - 5 posts
Car Vandalism - 14 posts
New to this site :o) - Invalid in need of company - 10 posts
Altos De Campoamor Ramiro Apartments - 1 posts
Golden Retriever Free to a good home - 9 posts
Playa Flamenca - why so many properties for sale? - 11 posts
Information on Healthcare etc in Spain provided by Age Concern - 2 posts
Allegations period of Marbella PGOU open till September the 30th - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x