Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2016 5:52 PM by huggy4 Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

does the Mail on Sat have the weekend supplement when sold in Spain. TIA

Like 0      
04 Sep 2016 6:39 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

04 Sep 2016 6:55 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Plus it's much more expensive, even though parts of it are printed in Spain!

its always been a sore point 

you will never get a decent answer if you ask the editors why.

They know that expats suffer withdrawal symptoms without their daily rag, and would pay many times more than they already do, if they had to.

I  refused to buy 

it in Spain, occasionally reading the online version

The Times  in Spain must be gold plated, going by the cost of it

This message was last edited by camposol on 04/09/2016.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2016 7:24 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Either use the online edition (Mail is free, use incognito tab for the Telegraph) or subscribe to the Amazon press. Daily Mail is downloaded every morning for something like 8 quid a month. Can't do the crossword, though.

Plus the cost of a newspaper is a very small part of its income. Advertisers getting a readership of a few million (in UK) pay virtually all the costs. A readership of a few thousand expats in Spain will not attract the same amount of advertising revenue so the cost of the paper has to be greater to cover costs.

Newspapers from UK, like the Times and Telegraph, cost a lot to be put on either the last of first plane out of a UK airport and then to be distributed all over Spain. That's what you're paying for.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2016 8:33 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

I have the Times on subscription in the UK which means I pay half price for it.

They send vouchers which I give to my newsagent. The newsagent credits me for the papers I do not have when I am in Spain. This credit pays for monthly a monthly magazine and delivery. At present I am well in credit and will have to buy some extra magazines.

As a subscriber I have a password for the Times, so I can read it online when I am in Spain. If I want to do the puzzles I print them out.

Altogether economical and convenient.

If you know someone who has a subscription to the Times or Telegraph you could get them to give you their password and use it from Spain. If this bothers you morally, give some cash to a charity.

No, you are not having mine!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Years Eve Los Boliches - 11 posts
Poor Quality Food in Spain and tasteless veg - 42 posts
For sale Glass top coffee table - 0 posts
Furniture Store Recommendations - 8 posts
Lack of Insurance - 5 posts
Driving car in Spain with UK road tax. - 4 posts
Spanish tutor in the Santiago Del La Ribera area - 0 posts
2015 Non resident Modelo 210 Tax Return - 2 posts
Cost of New AirCon Vera Playa - 2 posts
where can I buy car tools, battery charger - 10 posts
Green Health Card farce - 7 posts
Transport UK/Ireland to Spain - 0 posts
EPC Company Recommendation Please - 3 posts
Access to Spanish medical records with SIP card - 1 posts
VIsit via flight to Malaga - 1 posts
New to the Torrox/Nerja Area - Advice Please - 4 posts
Dog Friendly Hotels UK to Malaga - 3 posts
Interesting article on exchange rates - 5 posts
Help regarding car crash - 12 posts
Life insurance - 11 posts
Moving to Spain - 4 posts
Does anyone have any idea if there is buses from Alicante airport to la zenia (orihuela costa) - 1 posts
Thermocoupler - 0 posts
Long term rental property la manga club - 10 posts
Directions - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x