la caixa bank charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2016 1:08 PM by LeilaMani Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I am a customer at La Caixa bank.

I cant believe this shoddy bank is making me pay for emails and letters they are sending me.  I have NEVER heard of a bank charging for emails they send you once in a while!! What kind of scam artists are these people? How desperate is La Caixa for money that they sink so low?

It was much better back then, when I was Banco de Valencia's customer, before this scammy bank took over!!

Like 1      
09 Feb 2016 1:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Unless controlled by say the government any bank/organisation/shop/service provider etc. can charge what it likes for anything it provides.    

So sorry but as you said, "I am a customer at La Caixa bank" .  As such you have agreed to the conditions, whether you realised that or not, so it's your responsibility alone.

If one is dissatisfied,  they can change the entity to one they prefer. 

This message was last edited by johnzx on 09/02/2016.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2016 3:01 PM by lindaw164 Star rating in Glasgow and Jardins .... 253 posts Send private message

lindaw164´s avatar

We were with Barclays who unfortunately were then taken over by La Caixa Bank.  We too receive letters which are in Spanish and when you translate them it appears they are actually just a circular they send to their customers.  Don't think we should be paying for circulars!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2016 3:45 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I'm also with La Caixa after they took over Barclays.  I haven't had any charges applied to my account, and definitely not for letters/circulars.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2016 5:12 PM by LeilaMani Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

being charged for EMAILS sent to me by my bank rep, for a simple question regarding my account is something I have never encounteres with any other bank

have had my fair share of awful banking busines with Barclays too

la Caixa is really rotten, will be changing banks very soon and I do NOT advise that anyone should open their acct with them!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2016 5:30 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

I agree with the posts.  I was obliged to move from Barclays to La Caixa.  This itself was very sad, Barclays were fantastic at their Mazarron branch - amazingly helpful and genuinely nice people.

La Caixa are cheeky and will forever try to charge extra fees - but will waive these when challenged.  I reckon they see Brits as easy targets.

We've also been with Santander who were a joke, with standards 100 years behind the times and expected you to queue for an hour or so, standing in line. And just as greedy.

But, who is better in the Mazarron/Isla Plana area?

I don't reckon it's a long list!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2016 8:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We were with Barclays and jumped ship when La Caixa were taking over. Went to Banco Sabadell who have a very helpful local branch to us and will respond promptly to emails (free of charge) when in the UK.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

filling a swimming pool - 6 posts
Inspector home - 3 posts
Monte zenia - 3 posts
Quality of Photographs Advertising Properties for Sale in Spain. - 5 posts
claims on travel insurance - 9 posts
BREXIT - 7450 posts
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON WORLD CUP - 0 posts
Renting - 7 posts
New law for private rentals in Andalucia - 110 posts
Questions for someone who lives in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. - 0 posts
Looking to buy in Hacienda del Alamo - 15 posts
new to forum - 11 posts
Form 210 non residential tax form - 1 posts
Part time self employment - 1 posts
Supreme Court- Law 57/68- Creditor´s meeting - 0 posts
Property to auction - 7 posts
Buying a car to keep in Spain... - 4 posts
HELP REQ'D WITH A SURVEY FOR A HND - 3 posts
Transfering car from UK to Spain How to do it - 14 posts
Moving to spain - 12 posts
Parking at Gatwick Airport - Discount Code - 0 posts
intercontinental hotel al torre golf resort...re opening? - 1 posts
Printed plan of Cala Mosca Development - 0 posts
For sale Ovation Balladeer LX electro acoustic guitar - 0 posts
Job and renting info please? - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x