Techie question - Fibre/Cat5/TV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2015 11:09 AM by TD5Clive Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi All, just moved in to a new apartment and in spite of a number of requests to the developer, its unclear what services I have. I've also contacted the new Community President to see if there are shared services for the community, which I assume. In the mean time, can anyone confirm my assumption that there is Fibre in the top right hand compartment, TV bottom left and Data (or perhaps phone) bottom right? The six port unit with the 5 Cat 5 cables attached, I assume is splitting what ever service is provisioned in the little white box. Cat 5 outlets are in the two bedrooms, and there are three in the lounge.

Thanks

Like 0      
28 Jul 2015 12:12 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Seems like you have it pretty well sussed.

It seems to me that all the apartments were pre installed and I'm assuming that the service box you show is in your apartment which would mean that that there is another main distribution box in the communial areas somewhere feeding the boxes inside the apartments, This means that suppliers/ providors can turn you on/off without needing access to your apartment.

I agree that the top right is fibre, but probably only wired back to a central hub, whether you can actually get a fibre service will depend on the availability from local providors.

It looks to me that you may have a traditional phone line pre installed into the little white box (bottom right) again this would need hooking up in the main services cupboard.

Re the Cat5, maybe the urbanisation is going to provide a LAN (local area network) via a community patch panel or you may be left to just install your own network via ADSL/Fibre router

Like 0      
28 Jul 2015 10:31 PM by TD5Clive Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks Team GB.

According to the Community Administrator, the communal services are provided by TV Horadada, who have a shop inside La Zenia Boulvard so I will be speaking to them this week.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Folding bike for sale. - 0 posts
Post Replies not reflecting despite having received a reply on Email from Forum User - 2 posts
3 months rental - 15 posts
miss sold insurance - 30 posts
Any Info on living in the Canals area - 2 posts
Lawyers in Alzira - 0 posts
Equity Release - 12 posts
Alicante Airport - 0 posts
CGT - 13 posts
Plumber/electriction for holiday let - 0 posts
marbella plumbers - 0 posts
Website set up for off plan deposits? - 5 posts
NIE in Torrevieja - 30 posts
car purchase and resident - 14 posts
buying off-plan comes more risky. Law 20/2015 abolishes Law 57/1968 and modifies Law 38/999 - 71 posts
What's the cost of Aircon installation in Spain? - 6 posts
Legal tip 1313.PROMOCIONES INROAL S.L. - BANK ACTION WON IN PROVINCIAL APPEAL COURT AGAINST BANCO MARE NOSTRUM (CAJA GRANADA) FOR A BUYER AT ANDARAX IN TERQUE, ALMERÍA - 0 posts
Hotel in Malaga - 0 posts
Owning reptiles - 0 posts
Happy Gardener - 0 posts
Possible scam for property sellers - 22 posts
Hi Everyone - 0 posts
First visit to Spain - 6 posts
Cyclists and Cycle Paths - 55 posts
Winter rental in Santa pola (or nearby) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x