washing cars on the street

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jun 2015 12:00 PM by actcnm Star rating in villamartin . 17 posts Send private message

What is the law on washing cars on the street. I understand this is not allowed but can you wash it if you are only useing a bucket? Are you allowed to wash the windscreen and lights?

Like 0      
14 Jun 2015 4:46 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have always understood, that is, in the places I have lived, that washing, servicing, repairing etc a vehicle on the public highway is prohibited.

That said, I have googled it and it seems that maybe it is matter for the municipality where the road is.

I am sure that cleaning the windscreen, lights, number plates  etc. would not attract any problems, unless one got stroppy if told to desist.  Always be aware that the police in Spàin have consderably more power than those in UK. If they tell you to do or not do,  something it is always better to comply than to argue.

I think washing etc. a car in the street was  illegal  in London too under the Met Police Act of 1861, as were a lot of other ‘everyday’ things.  That Act was I repelled in 1964..  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

So we have decided to take the plunge - 10 posts
No win no fee - 1 posts
san juan de los terreros - 2 posts
COCKROACHES IN VALENCIA - 7 posts
Serena Golf apartments - 3 posts
Inter Rent Car Hire Murcia., Stay Away Warning - 13 posts
Buying a Car - 2 posts
No Community Statutes !!?? - 6 posts
Police station Cartagena - 5 posts
Mijas Costa Boardwalk - 8 posts
confused - 6 posts
Driving from uk to alicante - 2 posts
Run UK business while living in Spain - 2 posts
Advice wanted Inflatable Hot Tub Costa del Sol Nerja/Malaga region - 6 posts
taboos in presenting wedding gifts - 1 posts
Using a gestor for sale of car in Spain - 4 posts
importing english car without recidencia! - 20 posts
Buying a 15 year old property with no escritura - 12 posts
Buying a 15 year old property with no escritura - 5 posts
chould someone tell me why spanish Minimum age for marriage is 16 years old? - 9 posts
Garrucha files for banruptcy - 0 posts
Residents getting quotes for works in the community. - 2 posts
Failure by bank to pay gas bill direct debit - 1 posts
Toni Muldoon - 0 posts
Contiflo - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x