Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jun 2015 9:11 PM by AlexC Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello :)

A somewhat, perhaps unjustifiably, panicked question

I never paid my last Endesa bill, because I couldn't afford it at the time and thought it wise to wait for a follow-up bill.

It's been a week and a half now since missing the deadline and I'm concerned that rather than a second bill, I'll get an engineer coming to turn off my electricity. Is this a rational concern? 

I missed a deadline before and received a follow-up bill (although that was after I paid it a day late with the original one), but I'm sure it didn't take this long. I just want to know whether it's common practice for Endesa to send out subsequent bills, or indeed send round the heavies to turn out the lights...

And if they do send subsequent bills, is anyone able to tell me how long they give you to pay the second time?

Thanks!

Like 0      
05 Jun 2015 12:33 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Endesa on the Costa del Sol will bill you every other month regardless of whether you pay the previous bill or not. From the first outstanding bill they will issue a disconnection letter after around 3/4 weeks with a date  normally about two months hence

Like 0      
05 Jun 2015 11:18 AM by AlexC Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Ah... But if you pay the outstanding bill in the meantime, using the original bill, then there's no problem?

I'm not on the Costa del Sol and have had a second bill before (just worried that wasn't standard practice, or that it was just a one-off grace period type thing, given what I've read about Endesa). But it seems odd that there would be different procedures for different areas..

Like 0      
05 Jun 2015 11:51 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Ah... But if you pay the outstanding bill in the meantime, using the original bill, then there's no problem?

That's correct

Like 0      
05 Jun 2015 2:32 PM by AlexC Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

That's good to know. Thanks. It is what I did last time, I suppose, but I was only a day over the deadline that time. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property Tax - 2 posts
Are you moving to Spain? - 0 posts
UK TV Progrmmes - 8 posts
Olvera properties or alficasa? - 1 posts
Debt question relating to the management company - 5 posts
Surplus Books - 1 posts
AGM or lack of it. - 5 posts
Exact Change Kiosk at Malaga Airport: Avoid - 5 posts
Notice required for an EGM - 1 posts
Help - 2 posts
Clean up Fifa - 26 posts
end october- mid december rental sought - 2 posts
Pet insurance - 2 posts
Foriegn Holiday Complaints - Many From Spain - 0 posts
Norton's Phone & Broadband (aka Eurona & Broadband CB) - 1 posts
Anybody heading back to UK in a Van around June 13th - 0 posts
Hits Mobile new service for Expats or yearly Temporary Residents in Spain - 1 posts
Moving to Camposol - 31 posts
La Serena Golf Resort Murcia - 18 posts
Help - 2 posts
Diabetes prescriptions - 3 posts
Goodbye Android TV - Hello PC TV! - 20 posts
Mortgages Spain - 4 posts
Artistic Gymnastics Costa del Sol - 2 posts
HI all - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x