NEW TO ALICANTE CITY/MODEL AIRCRAFT

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Apr 2015 10:04 AM by suninamist Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I live in Alicante city and Torrevieja, have done for 10 years. My wife is Spanish.

I am interested in information about model aircraft buying, building and flying. Specifically where are the nearest suppliers of Dope and Paints.

And improving my Spanish. And meeting fellow Alicantinos

Most of my time has been spent on designing and developing and our homes and rental properties here. I am DIY-ing the finishing works on our apartment in Alicante centre. And building a largish collection of English language  first editions, mainly espionage fiction.

I also bought a fair amount of unused and used garden railway track and rolling stock which are not now going to turn into a project. So it is for sale.

The big jobs are going to have to stop, so I am turning my attention to helping my grandsons to develop their interest in practical model making. They are both fans of LEGO and now I am introducing the elder to balsa wood, starting with an aircraft.

I have just started building (with my 12 year old grandson) a basic Guillow model from USA. The last balsa model I built was a Jetex powered Hawker Hunter in 1964 !! It flew once at Katanayake airport in Colombo, Sri Lanka.

I would welcome any practical information advice members can give.

Roger

Like 0      
16 Apr 2015 2:13 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Well you've got the Catral Model Railway Group on your doorstep, they will have PL insurance which is also required for model aircraft clubs, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

cost to clean and empty a septic tank in Murcia - 1 posts
amadeus IT = Bankia ??????? - 0 posts
Help for renting - 17 posts
Does anyone know of a translator near San Javier? - 0 posts
where is the nearest ITV Garage in Bilbao? - 1 posts
Re purchasing a car in Spain - 2 posts
Experiences from people who are renting their properties in GB to fund life in Spain please! - 29 posts
What happens if I do nothing? - 12 posts
Lawyer needed in Los Alcazares - 13 posts
Visitors - 3 posts
Do I have to pay the sales commission if I pull out of the sale? - 33 posts
help with moving - 0 posts
Alhambra del mar - 0 posts
Buying an apartment in Rafal, Alicante - 4 posts
MAG250 - 24 posts
Medication - 12 posts
Car hire at Alicante and Murcia - 17 posts
retired scottish couple with dog seek long term rental southern spain - 8 posts
accomadation - 0 posts
I have a question - 1 posts
Where to get tyres for a Ford Transit in Barcelona - 4 posts
Healthcare, How Would They Know? - 11 posts
Relocating to Spain - 18 posts
outside walls - 5 posts
Doors and windows - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x