MAG250

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Apr 2015 9:52 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I am very surprised that anybody would want to pay for a TV service that is completely free for anyone to tune in to all you have to do is buy a fully loaded Android set top box for around £50.00 when you receive you're box all you do is plug it in then put your WiFi address in the same as you would have to do with a Mag box they say a fool a his money are soon parted like the original poster that started this thread claiming he paid 1,350eu and then 250eu per month .

Like 1      
15 Apr 2015 5:26 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

@windtalker I think it's already been pointed out further back but the MAG254 via IPTV is a completely different product than the Android setup you're referring to.

I've got/tried an android here in UK and yes as far as running costs go it's totally free but has these 3 fairly major limitations (in my opinion)...

(a) Far inferior quality / reliability, due to technical differences/constrainsts that aren't worthy of discussion here. For a layman's benefit however, one might think about trying to watch say a live pay per view sports event via android and consider whether it's worth paying nothing to have to try a multitude of available links only to find the enjoyment of watching the event has been overtaken by having to keep explaining to your fellow watchers why they're missing big chunks of the event! You wont get that with IPTV hence for most people who watch such events for enjoyment it's a low price and it's worth paying   ;o)

(b) It's over-cumbersome for any non-techie types to use. Yes I'm sure those wearing anoraks will find it interesting and straight forward but for the general masses of even the most reasonably intelligent people trust me it's over cumbersome.

(c) Bearing the above obstacle in mind, I've personally never seen a budget-priced android box that comes with clear and accurate user instructions in english. Yes like with almost anything the answers are out there somewhere via the net, hence it's lack of clear documentation puts it on the cumbersome pile.

Please don't shoot the messenger. Instead maybe try and respect the fact that just because someone is willing to pay a bit more for a product/service it doesn't necessarily make them a fool.

Have a great day..

This message was last edited by growler on 15/04/2015.

This message was last edited by growler on 15/04/2015.

Like 4      
15 Apr 2015 5:36 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

@Team GB, thanks again for more useful links, however looking at ebay feedback (for those that use it as a yardstick) I noticed both recent links had low feedback numbers compared to 21000+ for the 69.99 one (user name m** digital).

**  thought I'd better not put full name in case not allowed

Like 0      
15 Apr 2015 6:11 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Growler, maybe windtaker will believe you. I wouldn't bank on it though!

For me, and as I said, like you I've tried both. It's just such a different viewing experience. Its the nearest you are going to get to satellite/freeview TV. You come in, turn the TV on, select your channel via the EPG (program guide) and that's it.

I agree with ebay feedback being a factor in purchasing, I never use anybody with low/poor feedback - Good luck with box, where ever you get it from. At the moment, with no discounts for paying in advance with WLIPTV, I'm just paying a month at a time whilst keeping an eye out for new providors

Like 0      
16 Apr 2015 8:42 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Yeah, I'm with Growler on this - cheapest is not always best. 

But thanks again for the info Team GB.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Medication - 12 posts
Car hire at Alicante and Murcia - 17 posts
retired scottish couple with dog seek long term rental southern spain - 8 posts
accomadation - 0 posts
I have a question - 1 posts
Where to get tyres for a Ford Transit in Barcelona - 4 posts
Healthcare, How Would They Know? - 11 posts
Relocating to Spain - 18 posts
outside walls - 5 posts
Doors and windows - 4 posts
jobs in alicante area for qualified english native teacher with CELTA qualification - 8 posts
Moving to Spain in October - 2 posts
How long for property purchase to go through - 13 posts
Flights to San Javier - 5 posts
Driving docs - 19 posts
BBC TV Programme 31st March 2015 Shows How Tough Life is for Many Brits in Spain. - 50 posts
Corvera vs San Javier Airports - 2 posts
Mortgage lenders ordered to refund overpaid interest - 7 posts
UK banking - 13 posts
Brit couple found murdered in N.Spain - 1 posts
Buying an android to watch tv - 4 posts
Murcia today - 19 posts
Where can I buy - 6 posts
Looking for advice from anyone who got a 100%+ mortgage for a propert - 5 posts
New to the forum and looking for advice! - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x