Sell in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Oct 2015 4:22 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

"And yet people are still afraid to buy".... The fear is not only related to prices and IMHO the facts identified below in my last posting play their part in the fear factor.

People are better informed now and remain wary of many scenarios, not least the distrust of Spanish Banks and their continuing behaviour to run roughshod over not only the Spanish Justice system but also those who have been compromised by their unregulated lending practices. Likewise the unregulated behaviour of other professionals within the real estate industry and the Government's failure to address the knock on effect on consumer confidence all sadly play their part.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2015 4:38 PM by DuncanMcG Star rating in Manchester, UK. 377 posts Send private message

DuncanMcG´s avatar

Roberto, yes I mean prices pre-crash in 2007. They will get there again, it is just a matter of time. My guess is a decade, but that is just a guess. A lot depends on macro-economic factors such as an exit from recession, political stability in eastern europe, oil prices etc.

acer, totally agree. No frenzy yet and probably won't be for a few years. As you say the changing political and economic landscape will determine holiday home and retirement choices in Europe and beyond. I must admit I was thinking of buying in Turkey but the political instability in the region coupled with increased flight times and costs put me off. I also have friends who bought in Bulgaria when prices in Spain were too high and are really regretting it. No rentals, not visiting much themselves, can't sell for anywhere near the price they paid. 

Like 0      
01 Nov 2015 12:41 PM by bilco Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

A major cause of the property price slump in Spain is that the market was highly influenced and largely dependent on the demand from buyers in other EU countries such as Germany, Holland and UK either wanting holiday homes in the sun or wanting to sell their existing homes at high prices in their home countries and move/retire to sunnier climes. The fall in the value of the Euro plus the still slow economies across most of Europe has meant that it is no longer such an economic advantage for people to consider this. The value of the Euro and the consequent depessed state of the European economy is effectively controlled by Germany and the low Euro suits them as it enables them to export more easily into areas outside of the EU.  Hence I don't see them making any real effort to change this situation soon and the demand for homes in Spain is unlikely to improve as long as this situation continues.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

car hire Malaga airport with Europcar - 4 posts
Ex Pats are on a roll...... - 19 posts
Elderly care? - 5 posts
Pool Fence questions? - 0 posts
Stair lifts - 0 posts
Hello Almerimar, Almeria - 1 posts
Spanish Judge Violates Global Rule, Makes Bank President & Former IMF Chief Pay for Financial Crimes - 1 posts
How does that work then? - 4 posts
Viva Estates - 6 posts
Is 'now' the time to buy in Spain… is the wait finally over? - 88 posts
nissian micra for sale - 2 posts
Property Management Recommendations - Santiago De La Ribera/Lo Pagan Area - 4 posts
Going to Court - 4 posts
Introducing myself, Cristian de la Torre - 0 posts
Mountain Bikes for sale - 0 posts
Domyos VE680 cross trainer - 0 posts
English Speaking Lawyer in Fuengirola - 3 posts
Obtaining NIE in the UK from Spanish Consulate - 2 posts
Liability for past tenents water bill - 11 posts
Just landed - 0 posts
Sun,sea, sangria and STRESS....that's Spain..... - 18 posts
White Van Man - 0 posts
Auto airport Parking - 6 posts
Fixed-rate mortgages gaining in popularity - Is it the way forward? - 10 posts
internet - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x