Help and Advice on rentals in Mojon Hills

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jan 2015 5:18 PM by jude.lawani Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Dear all,

My name is Jude and I own two apartments in Mojon Hill. I am having problems with renting out my properties, even though I registered with some estate agents to help me rent them but they hardly get anyone. I discovered that they were actually asking for €300 or £350 per week for 2 bed apartments with 1 bath and 1 toilet. I have been paying the mortgages with borrowed money from the UK and now my debts have piled up. For the past 4 months I am not able to pay the mortgages and the bank is planning to repossess the properties.

I am sending this email just to find how you manage to rent out your properties and how much you actually charge per week or monthly for rents. What are the current actual rents and demands for apartments in Mojon Hill? Any help and advice from you would be highly appreciated.

I truly look forward to hearing from you regarding my current situation.

Kind regards,

Jude Lawani

Like 0      
12 Jan 2015 7:00 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Hi Jude,

Not sure it'll help, but off the cuff the rental prices sound reaonable, given the area.  As you must know it's the wrong time of year and unless your properties have something really special you'll struggle to find much interest this time of year.  Possibly until Easter.

You may want to take the initiative and possibly try to sell one of the flats whilst you can, before the bank acts.  If you do I would see the bank and tell them what you are doing to give you some time.  The selling market is equally tough, but there are signs of an improvement.

Good luck

Like 1      
12 Jan 2015 8:50 PM by jude.lawani Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Acer,

Thank you for your response. Could you please tell me how easy it is to rent out properties and how much do owners currently charge for 2 bed apartment with 1 toilet and 1 bath in Mojon Hills? Please advise.

Thanks,

Jude

Like 0      
12 Jan 2015 9:05 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

12 Jan 2015 9:50 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I think you have got some bad advice when you bought the apartments if you are looking for holiday rentals only then you will be looking at a max of 12 weeks rental per year  between 250eu and 350eu per week  say you get a full 12 weeks at approx 300eu per week that works out 3,600eu less agents fee less tax less running cost I am sure you can work the rest out .

If you rent them out long term you will get around 400eu per month and all the hassel that comes with long term renting good luck.

Like 1      
13 Jan 2015 12:44 AM by jude.lawani Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you for your response.

Jude

Like 0      
13 Jan 2015 10:16 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Hi Jude,

One point I hadn't realised  was the importance of repeat business that can make this sort of business worthwhile.  And also after a year or two word spreads by word of mouth - a lot more effective than using agents or spending money on adverts.

Of ccourse there is a massive amount of hard work into achieving this situation.  Probably not much help with the bank knocking at your door, but I would say you have to plan and budget for this being a long term exercise.  So possibly consider selling one of the flats.

Like 0      
14 Jan 2015 5:59 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/11328/Legal-tip-1029-NEW-Spain-Rental-Act.aspx

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 14/01/2015.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Jan 2015 11:28 AM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

You could try advertising on Holiday Lettings as they have 2 methods of advertising one is an upfront fee and the other is where they take a percentage of your let - the advantage here is that you don't have to pay anything unless you get a letting.  It may increase your rental income - also look on these and similar sites to see what other properties in your location are charging.  

Like 0      
20 Jan 2015 12:32 PM by jude.lawani Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you Nigela. Please could you tell me precisely how much it is for 2 bed apartments per week letting and per month letting? Your response would help me to advertise my apartments with the correct rental values to beat the high competition in the region.

Regards,

Jude

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reregistering a car over 25 years old. - 1 posts
driving from uk to the costa blanca - 3 posts
Dog friendly hotel near Spanish border - 0 posts
Dogs vs caterpillars, sandflies and other maladies - 3 posts
Long Term Rental Sought - 10 posts
Apartment wanted for July, August, September rental for two careful tenants. Anywhere Costa del sol. - 0 posts
Looking for Rented Property - 0 posts
New to EyeonSpain - 5 posts
Cerrado de Calderon area? primary school? good area? - 0 posts
When buying.. choosing a solicitor.. needs to be local ? / Javea - 0 posts
Room to let wanted from 3rd MARCH 2015...Malaga as far as marbella - 1 posts
Los alcazares or algorfa - 0 posts
Wintering in Spain.....we're booked! - 8 posts
Man and/or Van Needed - 2 posts
Astra - 2 posts
A question for law firms relating to major delays and speedy accountability of Banks - 0 posts
SPECIAL APPEAL – FIFI NEEDS YOUR HELP! - 0 posts
taxes - 0 posts
Piano Lessons Orihuela Costa. - 0 posts
Painter&Decorator - 1 posts
Can someone please help?? - 8 posts
4G PAYG Mobile internet Benalmadena - 1 posts
The Truth about property and permisions when Buying/selling - 18 posts
SPANISH ELECTRIC ITEMS NOT CHARGING PROPERLY - 3 posts
Car Car Car, what to do ? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x