Spanish Car with no docs bought from the local Tax office :)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Oct 2014 8:15 PM by t2uds Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Is it possible to transfer ownership into my name without the previous registered owners details or participation?

Hi. I've been looking for a vehicle here in Spain for a few weeks now. I came to realise Ill get nothing like the one I sold in the UK without putting another wad to it. However, while perusing the local tax office website...as yer do. I found an upcoming auction of vehicles & properties. And by jingo theres a vehicle on there thats bob on what Im after. Now on the slim chance I get it anywhere near my budget. These vehicles are advertised as having no docs with them. Looking at who's selling them, its not hard to put 2&2 together why. But is the hassle worth it? Has anyone here registered a car with no docs?

And despite it being an official Gov dept selling it, and Id 'like' to assume theve checked they own it to sell it. What other perils can still carry over to a cars new owner? 

Cheers all

Like 0      
21 Oct 2014 8:48 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Is it possible to transfer ownership into my name without the previous registered owners details or participation?

Hi. I've been looking for a vehicle here in Spain for a few weeks now. I came to realise Ill get nothing like the one I sold in the UK without putting another wad to it. However, while perusing the local tax office website...as yer do. I found an upcoming auction of vehicles & properties. And by jingo theres a vehicle on there thats bob on what Im after. Now on the slim chance I get it anywhere near my budget. These vehicles are advertised as having no docs with them. Looking at who's selling them, its not hard to put 2&2 together why. But is the hassle worth it? Has anyone here registered a car with no docs?

And despite it being an official Gov dept selling it, and Id 'like' to assume theve checked they own it to sell it. What other perils can still carry over to a cars new owner? 

Well, as you're a member on here you must have read about the problems reported over house sales, which many say arise from Spain and it's banks selling houses that they don't own, or in the least, very dubious ownership etc etc, if they can do this with house's might they do this with a simple ownership thing (Which should be) like cars? 

Like 0      
21 Oct 2014 9:05 AM by t2uds Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Yes. I suppose they could. But the slight saving grace is that these are not banks. Its a Government department selling the vehicles. Thats on my list to clarify. But for now Id really like to see what the process would be to get the docs, assuming that everything else has been checked by said Govt Dept :)

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

debits from bank account - 7 posts
Non-resident taxes - confusion - 41 posts
Car Importation Tax - 17 posts
Document translations - 0 posts
hearing aids - 5 posts
MOJACAR MOORS & CHRISTIANS 2015 DATES - 9 posts
installing air conditioning - 0 posts
Dog passporti - 7 posts
House purchase but no escritura! - 10 posts
Motorhome Cover For Sale - 0 posts
Have you had problems getting your deposits back on non completed purchases? - 6 posts
Another U Turn - 0 posts
Driving Theory Exam in Spain (in English) - 5 posts
18 month wait for appeal hearing - 20 posts
What would you sacrifice to speak Spanish like a native?!! - 6 posts
Photographer needed for set of one-off property pics (near Algorfa) - 4 posts
introduction - 11 posts
shipping wine back to Sydney - 6 posts
running a business from your home. - 4 posts
English Car Wanted - 1 posts
You have got laugh - 0 posts
Community Maintenance - 3 posts
Tax relief for property repairs - 1 posts
Leeds Bradford To Murcia No Flights !! - 6 posts
new rules for community pools - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x