debits from bank account

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Oct 2014 6:58 PM by dakota12 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all,

There are a few things that go out of my bank account and I don't know what they are for. Can anyone throw any light on them for me.

'account settlement'  - twice yearly at 26 euros each time

domiciled payment - once a year at 125 euros

non-resident certify charge - once yearly at 25 euros.

I pay diverse taxes twice yearly which equates to about 400 euros a year. I think this is 'Sumo tax' but I am not really sure.

I inherited the property in 2009 and a solicitor in Manchester set up the transfer and used a solictor in Spain who acted as my attorney.  I paid all the relevant taxes including inheritance tax at that time but I haven't used a solicitor since then. I do not reside in Spain. Should I be paying any other taxes on a regular basis?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Like 0      
20 Oct 2014 8:04 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I assume they are the following but stand to be corrected;

Account settlement - non resident bank charges at 13 euro per qtr. You only get free banking in Spain if you pay in a reular amount each month like salary or pension.

Domiciled payment. Don't know but the amount seems to be in line with the non resident council tax although you say you pay SUMA which is what this normally is.

Non resident certify charge. This should be every 2 years, not annually. It is a certificate the bank completes to inform the tax office that you are not fiscally resident and don't need to complete an income tax return.

SUMA is the collection agency for local taxes like council tax and car tax. They only take payments once a year so can't see what the 200 euro twice a year is for. Seems you have all taxes covered.

Like 0      
21 Oct 2014 6:22 AM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

We're in Vera and our council tax is taken twice a year, the direct debit is taken in July and October the second payment offering a 5% discount 

Like 0      
21 Oct 2014 7:19 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Quote:-    Non resident certificate charge. This should be every 2 years, not annually. It is a certificate the bank completes to inform the tax office that you are not fiscally resident and don't need to complete an income tax return.

It is issued by the Foreigners  Documentation Dept (i.e. where one obtains their NIE) and supplied to the bank, or the bank will obtain it for customers for a fee

Like 0      
21 Oct 2014 12:51 PM by dakota12 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

thank you so much everyone for your help.

I'm clear on the bank charges fee and the Sumo payments (they are paid twice yearly and one amount is less than the other which falls in line with what David W has said)

I did say that the domiciled payment of 125 euros and the non resident certify charge of 25 euros was once a year. I didn't look back over the last two years bank statements and think therefore that one or both of them could be every two years. Sorry for confusing things.

The non resident certificate charge is quite small and thank you johnzx for explaining that for me. But I am still unsure of what the domiciled payment is for. The Sumo payments cover the council tax payments etc so I am unsure of what this additional payment is for.

If no one is able to help - I will try and ask the bank to let me know.

thanks everyone

Like 0      
21 Oct 2014 2:17 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Council tax taken by SUMA seems rather high at €400 a year unless it's a huge property. Our flat in an urban area was €43 a year and our 3 bed house is €200 a year only taken once. 

Is the property part of a community in which case community charges would apply? (You don't have to be on an urbanisation to be part of a community).  SUMA wouldn't take those payments, though.

Like 0      
21 Oct 2014 2:48 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

A 'domiciled payment'  Is a Direct Debit. 

I have online banking so I can look at each payment in 'I-Buzon virtual'

This a DD on my statement; thus, I can see who was paid 

21/08/2014 21-08 RECEIPT (SEPA AD.) - 201408140xxxxxxxx   VOLKSWAGEN FINANCE, S.A. E.F.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 21/10/2014.

Like 0      
21 Oct 2014 7:35 PM by dakota12 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks johnzx I will give that a go.

Bobaol - the Suma amount is high but  I get a receipt sent to me for these payments so I know exactly what they are for. I wasn't aware that they seem high but that has been the amounts for many years now. I don't have a huge property - it is a three bedroomed apartment in Benidorm. Regarding a community charge - I do pay these twice a year but I didn't ask about those as I know what they are.  Thanks for the thoughts tho.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Non-resident taxes - confusion - 41 posts
Car Importation Tax - 17 posts
Document translations - 0 posts
hearing aids - 5 posts
MOJACAR MOORS & CHRISTIANS 2015 DATES - 9 posts
installing air conditioning - 0 posts
Dog passporti - 7 posts
House purchase but no escritura! - 10 posts
Motorhome Cover For Sale - 0 posts
Have you had problems getting your deposits back on non completed purchases? - 6 posts
Another U Turn - 0 posts
Driving Theory Exam in Spain (in English) - 5 posts
18 month wait for appeal hearing - 20 posts
What would you sacrifice to speak Spanish like a native?!! - 6 posts
Photographer needed for set of one-off property pics (near Algorfa) - 4 posts
introduction - 11 posts
shipping wine back to Sydney - 6 posts
running a business from your home. - 4 posts
English Car Wanted - 1 posts
You have got laugh - 0 posts
Community Maintenance - 3 posts
Tax relief for property repairs - 1 posts
Leeds Bradford To Murcia No Flights !! - 6 posts
new rules for community pools - 6 posts
Hi, new to this, after some advice!!! Any help much appreciated! - 24 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x