Passport renewal

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Sep 2014 1:05 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

What's all the earlier problem with passport renewal delay? I have just received mine back only 14 days after application, and 2 days of that were spent in DHL's hands! The cost is still disgraceful, though.

Like 2      
30 Sep 2014 1:54 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

They've probably got through the half million plus backlog they had. This after being told to get their fingers out or else.

Well, the or else has happened. The Passport Agency has lost its agency status and passports will come under the Home Office from next month. The boss has been sacked and the decision to base overseas passport applications in one office in UK has been slated. It may go back to overseas consulates issuing them again.

Like 1      
30 Sep 2014 7:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just got mine back too. less than 10 working days from receiving a text stating it had been received to receiving a text saying it was being printed. Delivered next day. However, 1 week later I received my old passport back with a note saying my documents had been received and were being processed!!

Mark

Like 0      
02 Oct 2014 2:36 PM by Speekee Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Yes, I got mine back fairly quickly too... after a having to resubmit for marginally writing my signature outside the box first time around. They gotta make that box bigger!

Like 0      
02 Oct 2014 6:38 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

According to someone from one of the chains of newsagents found all over Spain, passports are still taking 6 weeks to process, so what's happening here?

Like 0      
02 Oct 2014 7:32 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

So, these likes and dislikes, then. Not sure when they appeared but is there any rationale behind the clickers?

marcbernard posts that he got his passport back quickly and gets 2 likes and 2 dislikes. Are 2 people unhappy he got his passport back quickly? mariedav points out the system is going to change and quotes something that was in the Telegraph, the Guardian and on the BBC news and, for some reason, gets a dislike. Virtually every time johnzx posts something an automatic dislike comes up. It's happened to many other posters when they have just pointed something out or give a helpful hint to something.

Do these things actually mean anything at all?

Like 1      
02 Oct 2014 7:38 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Personally I couldn't care less about likes or dislikes. There are enough trolls and pseudos on this and probably every other forum to bring down serious discussion, if one took notice of them.

This message was last edited by marcbernard on 02/10/2014.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2014 10:15 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Firstly I got my passparot back in under 10 working days, very impressed with the service and absolutley no complaints except for the price. Shocking as macbernard says.

As for the Likes and Dislikes, it is on trial and is only supposed to indicate if the post has been useful nor not. If you found it useful you like it , if you found it not very useful, relevant or appropriate you dislike it. Only some people find it funny to dislike something for the sake of it, so take it with a pinch of salt. It is also there to help to add a bit more interaction from those who don't normally write in the forums but do read them.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
02 Oct 2014 11:27 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Well Bob until I liked your post 30 secs ago you had 1 dislike, I guess you deserved it really! quite amusing!

So long as you can 'like' your own post it's just a gimmick really.

Go on Bob 'Like' your own post then you will be 2-1 up laugh

Like 0      
03 Oct 2014 12:12 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I was expecting about a dozen dislikes but, obviously, the EOS users haven't taken the bait as they should. However, on the subject of "useful" or not, I'd have thought mariedav's post on the new system with the passport office would have been extremely useful. Never mind, I'll give her a like to even it up.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2014 1:49 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I don't think there is any need for the like/ dislike system.

Eos_ian you can find a post not very useful, but it doesn't mean you don't like it.

Similarly , you can find a post useful, bit may not like it 

If someone doesn't like your post, you can be sure they will comment on it in no uncertain terms, and tell you why they don't like it, which is more useful than a thumbs down!

Like 1      
03 Oct 2014 2:21 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Well one of the points is that the majority of the people who read the thread don't actually write anything but read. If the thread is long and if the Like/Dislike funtion is used correctly it can be useful to help filter through the 'useful' comments. ie those with a lot of likes, in theory. Although 'Like' doesn't mean useful or viceversa it is the industry standard to represent a positive comment, and by definition 'useful' on EOS. The 'dislike' if used incorrectly, admittedly quite frequently, can be distracting, but it also alerts people to certain posts that may be erroneous or information they should take with a pinch of salt. So it can be useful too.

We'll keep you posted on what we finally decide to do with the functionality.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
03 Oct 2014 2:43 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Why not change the "definitions" from "Like/Dislike" to "useful/not helpful" then? English has deteriorated over the years of my life (many!) and perhaps we should return to more meaningful phraseology. It might also help if posters would check their entries for typos or incorrect word usage too.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi, Louise here. Moving to Murcia with mum and kids before Xmas. Would like as much advise as possible. - 10 posts
Trouble sending an enquiry about long term rentals - 6 posts
Reform Respect and upholding the rule of law - 3 posts
Travel: AVE train from Alicante to Madrid - 9 posts
Agency seems to have stolen 900 euros of my money - help/ advice needed!!! - 2 posts
They changed the law overnight and are fining people- that HAS to be illegal right? - 6 posts
Surcharge or Admin Costs? - 3 posts
Raining in murcia ? - 13 posts
Bye bye Ruiz-Gallardon - 2 posts
12 dodgy Spanish menu translations (all genuine!!) - 3 posts
TRAVEL COT AND HIGH CHAIR UP FOR GRABS - 5 posts
Would i get a spanish mortgage - 6 posts
Sax - 0 posts
Corvera golf - 0 posts
Murcia Airport transfer - 0 posts
Ramsey's Costa del Nightmares - 9 posts
Is it Legal to pay For works done in the community without a proper invoice being presented? - 17 posts
BORED ! - 16 posts
The whereabouts of Wayne Stoneman last seen in Torrevieja and Javea. - 0 posts
Weather - 4 posts
Moving from the UK - 2 posts
House rental contracts - 5 posts
cheaper to both go autonomo or for me to employ my wife - 0 posts
Looink for most reliable wifi ni cordoba - 0 posts
GRANADA CHRISTMAS MARKET - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x