Iberdrola Account Taken Over

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Sep 2014 11:34 AM by gemini18 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

It would seem someone has gone into an Iberdrola office in ELCHE and taken over our account.

When I called Iberdrola helpline they said our account has been closed and is now open with a different name bank account details etc,etc, but with our address in Spain.

I have only just learnt this due to an Iberdrola bill arriving in our post box for our exact address but different name.

It is still only 2 hours since I found out so am still investigating.

Has this happened to anyone else?

At the moment I am not sure if it is a mistake,fraud attempt or something else.

It seems odd as they will be effectivly paying our bill

It does seem worrying that someone can seemingly visit an Iberdrola office and do this.

I will report back what happens.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 11:24 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

I imagine someone at Iberdrola has made a typo and someone will soon be complaining that they are paying your bill.  Whatever happens it will be your fault as beurocracy can never admit a mistake.  I had a not dissimilar situation recently when my internet bank account with Sabadell would not open.  After several attempts I rang the helpline and after much quizzing was told that my password was my passport number.  It has always been my NIE number which I had memorised, I didn't even know my passport number.  Upon trying again, I found that my passport number worked, so Sabadell had, without informing me, changed my password, but it was my mistake,not theirs!

M.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 12:45 PM by gemini18 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply,

You have got it spot on, a data input error.

It has been worrying how this could happen.The English helpline did not seem to know how to correct this matter or even understand it.With the help of my Spanish neighbour the Spanish Helpline was not much better and said we should go to an Iberdrola contact point.

This is where we hopefully have resolved this issue and they have reistated my account.

I did have more luck with an email to Iberdrolas complaints dept who said they would look to resolve this issue.

I was concerned with an identity fraud attempt may have taken place.What was also concerning was Iberdrola can change an account by phone with someones details.

Good job we were here as we are in the UK 50% of the time.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Knights insuramce - 5 posts
Anybody bought one of these or looked at them ? - 8 posts
Gizza job! - 4 posts
Polytunnels - 37 posts
Victims of Rebecca Prior/Wells - 0 posts
Remove My Profile From This Site Please - 0 posts
spanish Mortgage Life Insurance Confusion Costs del Sol - 12 posts
SPECIAL OFFER ON PRICE UNTIL 01/01/2020 - 0 posts
Has anybody use these guys for breakdown cover. - 3 posts
Buying or putting a property into a UK ltd company - 5 posts
Denia - What can you tell me? - 1 posts
Best Software Photo Slideshow - 1 posts
FERAL CATS in Mazarron Area...a problem - 0 posts
Landlord wants to sell - 24 posts
Trying to rent a garage/storage space in San Javier region - 2 posts
New Flag after 18th Sept - 27 posts
Supreme Court and Bank liabilities 57/68 - 4 posts
Hidralia - Water bill question - 2 posts
Pension application - 0 posts
Even the weak Euro is strong. - 5 posts
APARTMENT WANTED FOR JAN 2015 - 0 posts
Setting up Electricity and Water Bill Payments Online - 4 posts
THERE'S A RAT ON MY TERRACE! - 18 posts
Illegal Buildings - Valencia - 16 posts
EMZ car hire booked via BCO - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x