Road Tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Aug 2014 9:55 AM by saljim Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi, I wonder if anyone out there can help me, my wife bought a new car in 21/11/12 in Algeciras which is in the province of Cadiz and when we enquired about road tax we were told that payment had been made in order to tax the car for 2 years. Sadly the saleswoman who sold my wife the car was made redundant and we do not have a contact at the dealer who speaks English, what I want to know is , how can I check the car's status in regard to road tax for the car. I live in Manilva and I hope someone can help me with this.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2014 1:19 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Hi as far as I am aware road tax is collected anually at the same time for all cars (May / June I think). Never heard of paying for 2 years

Suggest you get a solicitor to check

Like 0      
07 Aug 2014 1:22 PM by saljim Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thank you for your advice, I think you may be right and I'll do that

Like 0      
07 Aug 2014 2:21 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

Ask at your local suma office

Like 0      
07 Aug 2014 5:01 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

If you live in Manilva, just go to the Ayuntamiento office, next to the police station, in Manilva village and give them your registration number.  They will be able to tell you what is outstanding.   You don't need a solicitor - if you don't pay on time there is a small penalty percentage to pay.

This message was last edited by Pitby on 07/08/2014.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2014 10:37 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

When you go to the town hall, I suggest you make a direct debit, that way it will be collected every year.   It is advisable to carry a copy of the payment receipt in the car.

Just thinking, if your bought the car at the end of the year, say December 1913, and the paperwork was put through in January 2014, then maybe you would have paid 2 years circulation tax.    Can’t think of any other reason that could happen.

This message was last edited by elaineG on 09/08/2014.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2014 1:04 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

When you go to the town hall, I suggest you make a direct debit, that way it will be collected every year.   It is advisable to carry a copy of the payment receipt in the car.

Just thinking, if your bought the car at the end of the year, say December 1913, and the paperwork was put through in January 2014, then maybe you would have paid 2 years circulation tax.    Can’t think of any other reason that could happen.

If you are 101 years old and still driving good luck.

Like 3      
09 Aug 2014 2:53 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

elaineG.

You dont have to private message me using a less then pleasant term, if your man enough answer my post on the open forum.

Anyway Johnx lighten up a bit, life's to short.

Like 3      
09 Aug 2014 7:11 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Do you reckon the dealer might have meant ITV not road tax? It is normal for them to ITV the car for two years when you buy it but not the road tax. Ours was automatically put on direct debit for annual road tax by the SUMA office as we pay council tax that way.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2014 8:49 PM by KJL Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

If you read the original post they purchased a new car so ITV is not applicable until the car is 4 years old.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2014 8:57 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorry, I read it as new to the OP, not as in brand new.

Of course, you're right, no ITV for 4 years. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is this a good mortgage rate? - 2 posts
newby needs help! - 4 posts
Spains retro asset grab on Pensioners - 4 posts
capital gains tax when selling property - 4 posts
DRIVING UK-SPAIN / SPAIN-UK please read below - 0 posts
TORREVIEJA VERSUS VILLAMARTIN. - 1 posts
recommendations for hotels near murcia court - 4 posts
Glaucoma and Cataract Operation - 0 posts
New to Forum - 3 posts
Spain registered car in uk ( originally uk registered) - 5 posts
Internet - 13 posts
Advice needed on air con, villa Martin Costa blanca area - 3 posts
night view of spain from satellite - 0 posts
Salamanca - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee case won but still no refund - 57 posts
hand luggage with easyjet. - 2 posts
information regarding car - 3 posts
advice needed - 7 posts
Golf partner - 1 posts
Ezmar Locksmiths - Las Chapas - 0 posts
Car Insurance - 6 posts
Advertising in local press - 0 posts
Driving licence - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence - 0 posts
Selling SMA follow-on milk 6 month to 12 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x