Bank Guarantee case won but still no refund

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2015 3:19 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thanks Manus.

What reason was given by the judge for losing the executive decision in the first place?

Like 0      
10 Jul 2015 10:09 PM by manus1 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Ads,

We were not informed as to why the Judge took that line. We were informed of "Case Lost"  in one of those 3 monthly case reports - some months later!!.

This message was last edited by manus1 on 10/07/2015.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2015 9:34 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I wonder if Maria could kindly advise as these cases where instances are lost (even if early in the legal process) need to be analysed to spot if there is a pattern occuring. For instance, either with judicial contra legem rulings, or perhaps protectionist activity in favour of Banks in certain regions, etc. We need to be pushing for greater consistency of rulings with regard to Ley 57/68 where all articles and latest case law, SC decisions etc are recognised by the judiciary, across all regions so as to eliminate the risk of legal lottery in this equation, and this only seems possible by greater transparency.

This message was last edited by ads on 11/07/2015.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2015 1:17 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

As a law firm we do all in our hands to expedite cases.Sometimes there are reasons beyond our area of influience ( workload) that we cannot impact.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
17 Jul 2015 2:29 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Dear Maria,

Would it possible to provide reasons why the case was lost prior to your succesful appeal, so that clients can appreciate the legal logic behind the first judges ruling?

It's only by recognising this that we can gain transparency to judicial rulings that require subsequent appeal, and thereby recognise if there may be a pattern of contra legem rulings occuring in any particular region or court.

Transparency sadly appears to be lacking when it comes to monitoring of judicial rulings in this regard.

Many thanks.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2015 3:47 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

What case are you refering to?

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
17 Jul 2015 4:04 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I was referring to Manus's case as below, where he/she identified that "The case was heard in Orihuela. We lost the initial Executive decision We appealed that through the main court, which we won against CAM/Sabadell, and they didn't appeal the court decision. "

Many thanks Maria.

(Even though the case was subsequently won (which is excellent!), the fact that an appeal became necessary is of interest, as are many "lost" early rulings that require further appeal.)

Like 0      
22 Nov 2015 4:23 PM by manus1 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Reference my earlier posting re waiting for court cost breakdown, we have received a detailed breakdown of the costs incurred. We were awarded the full interest and costs as submitted by Costaluz Lawyers to the courts. All I will say is that taking court action in Spain is a very very expensive legal experience.

I have to thank Costluz Lawyers for their efforts on our hehalf. It was a very frustrating experience and there were times when we thought it would never happen - but it did!! So jusgt to let others know  who have found themselves in similar circumstances that there will be light at the end of the tunnell and to stick with it.

Again, thank you to all who made constructive contributions to this thread and keep your heads up.

Manus

Like 0      
23 Nov 2015 12:07 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Manus1!

We will!

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Nov 2015 7:41 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Well done Maria and all the Costaluz team.

smiley

Stay strong everyone!

Like 0      
24 Nov 2015 2:50 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

It is our day in court today (Ley 57/68) after more than  seven years with our lawyer and ten years six months since we paid our deposit.

My best wishes today to all at Costaluz for their tenacity and hard work.

Fingers Crossed!!

Like 0      
24 Nov 2015 3:00 PM by manus Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Sandra,

Good luck today. It has been a long wait for you but you have good legal reptesentation in Costaluz.

rgds

Manus1

Like 1      
24 Nov 2015 3:05 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks! Best of lucks.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
01 Dec 2015 12:58 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

I had an email from CostaLuz the day after the scheduled court case to say that  my main witness did not turn up and so the case has been re-booked by the judge for February.

Who the witness was I have no idea but consider myself extraordinarily fortunate to have the case heard so soon afterwards.

Like 0      
01 Dec 2015 1:34 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Sadly I suspect you are not alone in this instance and you are indeed lucky to have this rescheduled so quickly. Do you know if this was at the behest of the judge placing a time limit on the witness to appear?

Good luck Sandra and keep us posted.

Like 0      
01 Dec 2015 9:26 PM by john123 Star rating. 87 posts Send private message

Ads,  you mention about getting enough information to see if there is a pattern to the court's decisions.  I too have thought about this.  however, it looks like the whole thing is hit-and-miss, with no consistency of outcomes.  there might be a bit of a patern developing, though, in awarding of costs and whether the bank appeal or not, depending on if the plaintiff received a bank guarantee or not. 

Manus, if you read this - did you receive a bank guarantee?

Sandra,  any idea who the missing witness is?  what is that all about? i've never heard anything about a witness!  i wonder if it simply means someone representing the bank. can't think of any other possibility.

Anyone -  i would be interested to know how many on us paid our deposits directly to the bank,  or to their lawyer, . the developer or someone else.  maybe there might be a pattern there.

good luck to all.  advice - don't take it personally!!!!!!  we are dealing with a 'weird' system.  wink

Like 0      
02 Dec 2015 3:08 AM by manus Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

John123

I did have a bank guarantee. Unfortunately my first solicitor left out my initial holding deposit of 3000.

It is recoverable but court costs makes it uneconomical to do do. Forgot to make it known to Costaluz when they

Took on my case.  Expensive omission on my behalf!

Manus1

Like 0      
02 Dec 2015 6:15 PM by john123 Star rating. 87 posts Send private message

Hi Manus,  thanks for the info.  unlucky about the 'missed' deposit but look on the brightside - you had a bank guarantee! -  so no appeal against your favourable decision and no legal costs.  most of us without that bank guarantee will be subjected to a High Court [and possibly a Supreme Court Appeal [which aint cheap]] and might also have to pay our legal costs.  but I'm happy for you and everyone who gets justice from this scandal.

cheers,

John

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

hand luggage with easyjet. - 2 posts
information regarding car - 3 posts
advice needed - 7 posts
Golf partner - 1 posts
Ezmar Locksmiths - Las Chapas - 0 posts
Car Insurance - 6 posts
Advertising in local press - 0 posts
Driving licence - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence - 0 posts
Selling SMA follow-on milk 6 month to 12 - 0 posts
SMA follow-on milk 6 month to 12. - 0 posts
terraces - 4 posts
New Member - 1 posts
Is Justin Aldridge..................... - 1 posts
Advice? - 6 posts
9 Years on.................. - 7 posts
Royal British Legion for a Service of Commemoration - 0 posts
Bajamisdeudas ayudar reparacion de credito - 0 posts
A Warm Welcome From A new Member From Spain - 8 posts
FM Spanish Promotions - 10 posts
problem with laptop. - 2 posts
Introduction and seeking trusted tax advisor - 2 posts
Rules For Bringing A UK Registered Car to Spain? - 21 posts
Secondhand Car - 5 posts
IBI Impuesto Bienes Inmuebles Urbana Payments - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 58

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x