Advice?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jul 2014 3:34 PM by mrpidman Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Hi,

I appreciate that there may not be a definitive view here but I would appreciate any thoughts. I have seen a couple of properties with agents.I am told that an offer of 25% below asking is the norn. . Any input greatly appreciated.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2014 4:16 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

I would say compare other asking prices in the area and be sure the agents have not already inflated the price for listing.

Compare like for like and also take a look on the 'Segundamano' website where private sellers list property. There is no formula for buying property or offering discounts but do consider that if you want to re-sell in 6 months  will you re-coup most of your money.

I'd try 30% as a starter.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2014 4:41 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Try what you like!! they can only say no.

Like 1      
30 Jul 2014 5:43 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Don't  be surprised if they tell you to put your I offer where the Spanish sun don 't shine!

Like 0      
30 Jul 2014 5:55 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Don't  be surprised if they tell you to put your I offer where the Spanish sun don 't shine!

Why?  It's a buyers' market with lots of desperate sellers.  I would be looking to get a minimum of 20% off any asking price.  If they refuse, move on to the next house...

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2014 6:02 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Nothing wrong with taking a chance and making a low offer.   But in reality, a lot of the property is already rock bottom and most people will not go much lower.   If you are buying from a bank, they will have a lower limit, and so will any builders.   A lot of people will have a mortgage on a property and will not go below that.   There are incredible bargains to be had, but you are not going to get a luxury villa for 100000 euros - or at least not anywhere anyone would want to live.   Some of the adverts now actually say 'no offers'.  But good luck.

Like 1      
30 Jul 2014 7:44 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You say that they are offering at 25% below the normal asking price what is the normal asking price for that type of property you might be getting a bargain there must be the same /similar properties for sale in the area you are looking in to compare with what sort of price bracket are you in I bought 7 years ago a 3 bed luxury villa with a pool for £144,000 then the bottom fell out of the Spanish housing market and you could not give one away if you tried now 7 years on things are getting back to normal properties are selling I have been looking in my area  and I am positive I could get my original £144,000 back  if I wanted to sell so dont go over to Spain with the attitude that money talks because their is alot of money in Spain especially on the costas good            

WARNING DO NOT BUY OFF PLAN YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

9 Years on.................. - 7 posts
Royal British Legion for a Service of Commemoration - 0 posts
Bajamisdeudas ayudar reparacion de credito - 0 posts
A Warm Welcome From A new Member From Spain - 8 posts
FM Spanish Promotions - 10 posts
problem with laptop. - 2 posts
Introduction and seeking trusted tax advisor - 2 posts
Rules For Bringing A UK Registered Car to Spain? - 21 posts
Secondhand Car - 5 posts
IBI Impuesto Bienes Inmuebles Urbana Payments - 2 posts
Drought restrictions? - 0 posts
Estate Agents - 13 posts
Estate Agents claims - Paramount. - 16 posts
energy certificate - 0 posts
www.venderdirect.com - did you use them to sell property? - 0 posts
Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral - 1 posts
Road work speed limit signs - 1 posts
Fridge Removal :to repair or waste. - 0 posts
Petition asking for compensation for buyers under threat of demolition - 6 posts
abbygate lnssurance - 4 posts
Recommended Holiday Villas on Costa Del Sol? - 3 posts
Hello all - 0 posts
Zurich insurance - 6 posts
Wrought Iron gate wanted to keep dogs in! - 2 posts
police pension tax. - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x