terraces

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Aug 2014 12:33 PM by andrewplas Star rating in north wales. 15 posts Send private message

hi can anyone advise me regarding putting awnings or parasols on terraces

the penthouse in front of me has put a sail/parasol on his outside terrace, this now limits my views. i have spoken to our administration who say he can have as many parasols as he likes

is this correct

Like 0      
01 Aug 2014 3:14 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I suppose it's looked as "Well you don't own the view" even if you have had uninterrupted views for some time, years in fact,  if your administrator did stop this person surely this could have a knock on effect if you wanted to do something on your terrace, Sat dish for example, they could say thats ugly "Move it".

Could cause unnesarry friction even if you approached your neighbour and asked him to remove it..."F*** of" I would expect the answer to be, and after all the administrator has to keep the peace with everyone I suppose.

Live and let live, comes to mind.

Like 2      
01 Aug 2014 7:07 PM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

No law in Spain saying you pay for a view to my Knowledge

Like 0      
01 Aug 2014 8:00 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

It's a shame when things like this happen. I should imagine parasols and sails are looked upon as non-permanent fixings. Unless it has a huge, built in framework then I'm afraid there's not a lot you can do.

If it is cutting out your light you could claim that is a problem. Is your neighbour there permanently? Could you ask him to lower it when he is not there so you could enjoy your previous view at least some of the time?

I know we had a block of houses where I used to live which had lovely views over the orange groves down to the sea. Then Mercadona built a 3 storey supermarket (parking on top) which cut it out completely.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2014 8:30 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Maybe you neighbour is had enough of people looking at him on his terrace and just wants some privacy.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Member - 1 posts
Is Justin Aldridge..................... - 1 posts
Advice? - 6 posts
9 Years on.................. - 7 posts
Royal British Legion for a Service of Commemoration - 0 posts
Bajamisdeudas ayudar reparacion de credito - 0 posts
A Warm Welcome From A new Member From Spain - 8 posts
FM Spanish Promotions - 10 posts
problem with laptop. - 2 posts
Introduction and seeking trusted tax advisor - 2 posts
Rules For Bringing A UK Registered Car to Spain? - 21 posts
Secondhand Car - 5 posts
IBI Impuesto Bienes Inmuebles Urbana Payments - 2 posts
Drought restrictions? - 0 posts
Estate Agents - 13 posts
Estate Agents claims - Paramount. - 16 posts
energy certificate - 0 posts
www.venderdirect.com - did you use them to sell property? - 0 posts
Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral - 1 posts
Road work speed limit signs - 1 posts
Fridge Removal :to repair or waste. - 0 posts
Petition asking for compensation for buyers under threat of demolition - 6 posts
abbygate lnssurance - 4 posts
Recommended Holiday Villas on Costa Del Sol? - 3 posts
Hello all - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x