Sky planner

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2014 9:33 PM by Dawnnjohn Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi there. Would anyone be able to answer this question for me.. I live permantly in the uk.I'm in a fortunate position that I am able to go out to spain and stay month at a time every couple of months. If I was to take my sky box out with me and connected it to a Spanish TV. Would I be able to watch all the things that are in my planner???. That have already been recorded... I would make sure I had saved lots to watch. I understand I can't get Sky!!   . Thanks guys hope someone out there will have the answer for me. 

Like 0      
14 Jul 2014 7:54 AM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

Not sure about sky but we are in same possition as you and one of the best Xmas presents we had was a portable hard drive so we download hundreds of films onto that and any tv programmes we want and take this with us , if your tv doesn't have a usb port only an hdmi then on ebay you can get an adaptor with a remote hand controller for about £40 if not sure about downloading films as any teenager etc and tgey do it all the time 

Like 0      
14 Jul 2014 4:09 PM by Dawnnjohn Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for that information. Will have a look.... In the meantime would really appreciate  if there is antibody out there who knows the answer . Many thanks 

Like 0      
14 Jul 2014 5:47 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

If this helps you.

I know that when your record programmes on your Sky Box internal hard drive you can watch them as long as you keep paying you're monthly payments to Sky, if you stop the monthly payments and still use the Sky Box, as you probably know it then becomes just an ordinary Free View box, so should you stop the monthly payments Sky also block you from viewing the recorded programmes.

Sky regard the recording and saving to watch later as a perk as opposed to what you are entitled to.

So in theory keep paying and you keep the planner and recorded programmes, so methinks it should work because Sky dont know your box went on holiday.

Hope I got this all correct.

Like 1      
14 Jul 2014 6:28 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Ii think you'll find that, once disconnected, it has to be reconnected to a live valid satellite feed to play premium channel recordings. Without the satellite feed and valid card, it reverts to the same as a freeview box. You should be okay with free to air recordings but no satellite feed or card and you won't be able to view the Sky channel recordings.

We used to record to DVD and bring them over with us.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2014 10:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I bought a cheap Chromebook and HDMI cable to attach to our TV, so I could could watch downloaded content. We also have internet at the apartment and I used FilmOn to watch what UK telly I wanted while out recently.

Mark

Like 0      
16 Jul 2014 10:32 PM by HERBY Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Hi,

The best way to reciprocate your UK tv package abroad is to buy a gadget

Called (slingbox) around £100 from amazon .You can also subscribe for

About £30 per month and you will get even more possibilities I.e planner

And your UK recordings whether via B.T /SKY/VIrgin Media.or any other

I.S.P .All you will need is broadband abroad.All your UK programs can then

Be received abroad on your T.V . Tablet or any other media device.via WIFI

For more info and how to set up your slingbox type the word slingbox into

Google and you will get all the info you will need and also forums for expats

Who use it anywhere in the world and YOUTUBE set up clips.

Best of luck.

Herby

This message was last edited by HERBY on 16/07/2014.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2014 9:28 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

You could just survive without the stupid SKY itS total rip off I can speak spanish after watching spanish TV for the last 12 months best thing they did not replacing that Astra satelite 

Love Hugh

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Divorce and Spanish property - 12 posts
Return to Sender - 5 posts
The "shell suit" trash tourists have started to arrive!!!!!!!!! - 29 posts
Decision Made - Planning to Move to Spain - 15 posts
Yamaha 75 HP 4-Stroke Outboard Motor Engine - 0 posts
Excursions Business Query - 2 posts
Fire risk - 0 posts
Using your EHIC in Spain - 0 posts
Website Maintenance - 3 posts
RAE 300 yrs and counting - 0 posts
moving to spain - 1 posts
Spanish customs? - 9 posts
Replacement for EHIC in Spain - 1 posts
Spain's latest scandal … Discovered by Gotham - 0 posts
Letting Agents Fined for illegal lets - 0 posts
Monthly phone internet access - 3 posts
noisey neighbours - 7 posts
Is Spain only for the wealthy now? - 28 posts
setting up bed and breakfast mallorca - 2 posts
Satellite tv booster - 5 posts
C.C.T.V. Yes or No - 9 posts
A mystery... Animal on roof lifting roof tiles to get at wasp nests? Any others have similar problem? - 4 posts
Corvera airport - 35 posts
Moving goods from UK to Spain - 21 posts
transferring money from spain to england. - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x