C.C.T.V. Yes or No

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jul 2014 1:05 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

We have had a few break-ins there in the past few Weeks we are thinking of getting in CCTV system installed, 4 Cameras, a DVR recording 24 hours a day 365 Dayss a Year, when you have a brek-in you can then look at the play back take a photo print it out and give it to the police..... costing about €1000 would like to hear your views on this have anyone out there have this system installed........and is it a good idea......

Like 1      
05 Jul 2014 1:36 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Yes, we have it. Caught a couple of scumbags stealing bicyles. As long as you have the signs up warning people that CCTV is installed you will be OK.

Like 1      
06 Jul 2014 7:47 AM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

I am pretty sure that you cannot film the public. So a cam pointing beyond your property is probably a no no.

I know a couple who had a cam in their motorhome and were filming their  trip.  The police told them to stop as it was illegal

Like 0      
06 Jul 2014 10:10 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

We have CCTV covering the entrance/exit gates (one for vehicles and one for pedestrians) plus a camera for each of the main streets giving a total of 5. It records to a HDD. If we have any concern (as in the bikes being stolen) the police come along and download the footage which is how we caught the bike thieves.

If the police are doing this then it must be OK. Signs next to each of the gates warn (in several languages) that CCTV is being used.

Like 1      
06 Jul 2014 2:56 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

So really the cameras are a help to stop these scumbags, I wonder about the legal side of things when you say that filiming outside your property is wrong......I will wait to see will anymore give there views about the CCTV cameras, thanks for all your help..........

Like 0      
06 Jul 2014 3:54 PM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

As Julianx said, as long as it (cctv) is not pointing  on to public space (spanish Data Protection ) no problem having one videoing your premisses or garden etc

Like 0      
06 Jul 2014 4:11 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

We have a big electric gate at the entrance of our complex when you press the zapper it stayes open for possible 30 seconds before it closes again, could you point the camera at the gate, the camera would also cover a small area outside the gate....it is a dead end so very little traffic there....

Like 0      
06 Jul 2014 4:36 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

As Julianx said,  ' as long as it (cctv) is not pointing  on to public space (spanish Data Protection ) no problem having one videoing your premises or garden etc '

But I did not  say that. I said,   ‘I am pretty sure that you cannot film the public. So a cam pointing beyond your property is probably a no no.’  That does not mean that one pointing eslewhere, which may record third parties,  is OK.

Having looked at the internet, it would seem that any recording may be a problem, even if, as also seems to be necessary, you put notices in prominent positions warning that there is CCTV.

This message was last edited by Julianx on 06/07/2014.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2014 8:52 PM by paulbirkett Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Hi 

Good advice from everybody but why dont you go the local police office and get it from the horses mouth!

Get the name of the guy giving you the info and make a note. Any language issues take an interpretor thus also hacting as witness. Ok cheers paul

Like 0      
07 Jul 2014 8:57 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I think you might find that providing you don't record conversations of the public and only point the camera in such a way that most of it covers your property, you don't use any of the footage to upload to the internet you should be okay, after all the public go into the Chino shops and look what they all have on the wall videoing the public, and this is to protect the shops goods like yours,  What about the shopping centres..Do they have it covering the public?

If it helps you and makes you feel secure just do it. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A mystery... Animal on roof lifting roof tiles to get at wasp nests? Any others have similar problem? - 4 posts
Corvera airport - 35 posts
Moving goods from UK to Spain - 21 posts
transferring money from spain to england. - 9 posts
ADVICE RE RENTING IN MURCIA/BOLNUEVO AREA FOR 6-12 MONTHS - 23 posts
Can UK medications be posted to a Spanish address? - 3 posts
Spanish say good riddance to departing Brit expats - 7 posts
How do I stand with evicting someone who has no contract and does not pay rent. - 19 posts
Spanish Deposit Account Question - 1 posts
Spain Fails Again - 0 posts
Engraving jewellery while you wait - 1 posts
Have you been "ripped off"? ... read the attached article - 14 posts
Estepona: English speaking doctor in Spanish Haelthcare System? - 1 posts
Endesa online form - Landline?!! - 2 posts
NEW CASE WON! againsg SGR and BBVA in Herrada del Tollo - 1 posts
Buying in Valencia - 3 posts
Native English teacher wanted - 0 posts
New Here & Greetings from Barcelona - 1 posts
Rental - 3 posts
WANTED: Illustration artists who can draw cute cats and / or dogs. $500 per project - 0 posts
Where to buy Udo's oil in Spain - 1 posts
Legal tip 1175. NEW! CASE WON: Orihuela Courts explains Banks Liabilities of law 57/68 28 June 2014 So proud of Judges in my country who are punishing Banks for their illegal operation during the Spanish Real Estate boom. This case, which wsa notified - 2 posts
A little bird - 1 posts
renewing a s.i.p. card - 17 posts
Illegal or just a huge Con? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x