Cortijo de Torreblanca - case submitted to the court of first instance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Apr 2014 5:04 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Just had an email from Costa Luz Lawyers stating that the case against Aifos and the bank involved has been submitted to the first instance court.

The next step is for the opposing party to answer the lawsuit.

Has anyone been in this situation before and how long does it normally take to get a court date?

Cheers

Like 0      
08 Apr 2014 6:01 PM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi fazarelli,

I have also just received the exact same email today, however I am now confused, because as far as I am aware, Costa Luz lawyers have not obtained AIFOS'S Banking details from the Judicial Administrators yet ????

This examining of AIFOS books was supposed to take place last October but got delayed cos other clients had not presented their P.O.A. soon enough. It was then put back, till January '14, and that is the last I have heard until I wrote recently asking for an up-date.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2014 9:04 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Belucky,

Maybe Maria means that she has applied to the court for the bank account details?

She didn't really explain it in the brief email update i got.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2014 9:35 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

fazarelli,

If Maria and co have applied to the court and they have now obtained AIFOS'S banking details, I would have thought that they would have informed me.

Anyway I have queried their original email to get some clarification.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2014 10:55 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Belucky,

She hasn't informed you because that is what they are trying to do now?

I was told that they had to apply to the court for an order to be sent to the administrators.

Would be interested to find out either way.

Cheers

Like 0      
10 Apr 2014 9:23 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

fazarelli,

I will let you know when they reply.

I am now wondering if we, might be the only two ex- AIFOS clients left standing since no one else has commented on this thread ?

Cheers

Like 0      
10 Apr 2014 5:26 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Belucky,

There was a bit of action on the Cortijo thread a few weeks ago. I have tried PMs to a few i remember on there a while ago to alert them to the lawsuit starting. Got no replies.

I think most have given up. The last poster didn't even know about Keith Rule and all that!

It's 11 years since most put there deposits down, most have probably written it off.

Btw, did you buy in Cortijo too?

Like 0      
12 Apr 2014 9:57 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

fazarelli,

It appears that they are examining the Aifos books on the 26th May, so fingers crossed we will all find out the necessary information about these banks which held our money.

So after 10 years, we may, at last, be in a position to allow Maria and co. to do their magic and get us a refund.

We bought an apartment on the Hacienda Marina complex, near Benalmadina, it was in the block which was never built called Las Conchas.

Like 0      
30 May 2014 9:50 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi Fazarelli,

Well the 26th of May has come and gone without a word from Maria and Co. I hope everything has gone to plan and we hear some good news next week !!!

BTW did you get that email from Fuster and Ass. who have started doing the "No win No fee" deal, the same as Maria and Co.   Hopefully this is a good sign when lawyers are so confident of winning that they are now able to go down this route.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2014 12:12 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Hi Belucky,

I suppose the information they are looking for will take some time to find, as there are hundreds of us.

I did get the email but only casually glanced across it. Yes, it is good news that a few are doing no win no fee. However, that is no guarantee that they will take on your/our case. A particular set of conditions are sometimes to be met before they will represent. For instance, the previous company (Wallbank or Welbank or similar) a while ago told me they couldn't take on my case because I had tried to take the developer to court previously.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2014 1:42 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I have been informed today that there is a lot of information that has been provided to us by Aifos judicial administrators in the preliminary work we are conducting for our clients.

Now we need to locate more in precission that which will enable us to go against related Banks. Not to worry. You will be receiving the necessary info in due course

Cheers!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Jun 2014 10:11 AM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

Thank you for the up date hopefully this information from the AIFOS Judicial Administrators identifies everyones "lost" Bank Accounts.  

I did infact repeatedly contact the AIFOS Judicial Administrators a Messrs Franco and Molina, in July/August/September and October of 2011 for information on the Aifos Bank which was holding my deposits, but they refused. However another lady called Messrs Navarro told me that the request for this information should be made directly to AIFOS. Although my lawyer at that time, did say that they could give me this information as they had access to contracts, documents, and accounts but they wont ???

Look forward to receiving the necessary info.

This message was last edited by belucky358 on 05/06/2014.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2014 8:46 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Belucky:

We had to go to judicial proceedings for obtaining the necessary information. It was the judge who obligued the Administrators to provide them to us.

Very interesting,  as this is really info that should have been on buyers knowledge from day one 

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Jun 2014 11:14 PM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

I must say that your information does not surprise me when obviously it all goes back to my original "in house", useless,incopetent, Spanish Lawyer, who in 2004 failed to include this vital information in my purchase Contract, and who, to this day, continues to refuse to divulge the details of the Bank into which he paid my deposits to AIFOS.     This is just another "cock up" which occurred with this man, at one point in 2008, when I terminated his contract, he refused to hand over our file to my new lawyer stating that I owed him approx. 20,000 euros, and it was not until I produced evidence of these payments, plus he was threatened with being reported to the "bar", that he eventually produced the file.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2014 8:57 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Malaga Courts are doing an excellent job in protecting buyers rights in application of Law 57/68!

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 Jun 2014 11:06 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by fazarelli on 10/06/2014.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

3.4 million empty homes....where are they? - 44 posts
What if I sell ? - 0 posts
Builder illegally connected electricity - 7 posts
Looking for a job - 1 posts
nigella lawson usa - 7 posts
itv - 2 posts
Malaga airport departures questionnaire - 36 posts
Alicanti Airport .. Gold Car .. unused fuel process - 6 posts
contract phone - 16 posts
Corvera Airport - 12 posts
SECURITY DEPOSIT ON RENTAL PROPERTIES IN THE VALENCIAN COMMUNITY - 2 posts
Opening a Bar Restaurant on Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Community Voting - 3 posts
Driving to Spain with dogs - 4 posts
Car hire with pick up after midnight at Malaga airport - 2 posts
Helping 3 kids in India - 0 posts
Big Ben - 1 posts
Car Hire (back up plan) - 6 posts
Poker in EStepona - 0 posts
dining room table for sale - 2 posts
Spanish Public deficit nearly on target at 6.62% - 3 posts
Car & ITV Test - 7 posts
Do you need planning permission to erect a Log Cabin in Elche - 6 posts
car insurance for car not in use - 9 posts
From another thread: UK law: Innocent until proven guilty - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x