Car Hire (back up plan)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2014 6:08 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

I know this subject has been covered many times, but I'm looking for a back up plan. I'm flying to Almeria soon and my usual preffered car hire company were unable to help me. I know there are loads of other companies out there but I wanted to know up front what the additional insurance cost for tyres, glass and other bits would cost per day. I don't want to get to the airport and be charged and arm and a leg so I asked the question. One said 5-10 euros per day, one didn't bother replying and Gold Car quoted 62 euros for the duration. Gold Car gave a speedy reply and a sensible price.

Now I know there has been a lot of negative posts regarding this company but I decided to give them a go. My question is if they let me down, can I get to Turre by public transport. If so how?

Many thanks.

Tech

Like 0      
31 Mar 2014 8:11 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Just look for a bus stop they are very similar to the type you get in the Uk basically its a line of people standing by a post with miserable faces and lots of shopping bags, you join this queue and pay the driver when you embark on the long bit of metal with wheels on it.

Love Hugh 

Sorry I could not resist xx

This message was last edited by hughjardon on 31/03/2014.

Like 2      
31 Mar 2014 8:40 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Thank Hugh, I bet you used work in a chocolate teapot factory. Wondered what you meant by miserable faces then I saw where your posting from.
Only joking, I couldn't resist either.
Tech.

Like 1      
31 Mar 2014 9:29 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
I believe that you have to get a bus or taxi into Almeria Bus Station & then pick up the Alsa bus which you can pre-book.

However, this bus only goes to Vera Bus station so you would need to get to Turre from there.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
31 Mar 2014 9:50 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Thanks Noreen. As I said its a back up plan, hopefully I won't need it.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2014 10:11 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

Tech,

A backup plan could be bookings with two companies so long as ther is no up front payments of penalty clauses for last minute cancellations. Wish I'd don that whe I ordered from Europcar a 7 seat VW Touran and they supplied a 5 seat Seat Altea - they argued the toss saying both cars were in the same class.

Never had any problems with Goldcar but now use the Centuaro Gold Club (3 hirings plus a points scheme that gives discounts or free hirings as we had last trip). The other advantage as a Gold Club member is that they do not take a security deposit if you refuse their 'Additional' Insurance.

Also Centuaro Gold Club members get a FULL/FUlL fuel policy.

For the add-ons I have a policy with icarhireinsurance.com  which gives 12 months worldwide cover for less than the figure goldcar quote for a few days. If you use this (unless with the Centuaro Gold Club) membership you will still have a security deposit to pay. Google them if you are unsure - my nephew used his global policy in the US to claim and there were no problems at all in doing so. The additional insurance excess for his trip there was $450! so he saved a fortune. the cover is also valid in the UK.

Sorry no jokes - but see the thread about the looky looky men. Sick....  

This message was last edited by MikeandHelen on 01/04/2014.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2014 12:10 PM by oakbase Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi

Thought I would post about a problem I have just experienced with car hire.  I booked a car for last week from Do You Spain to be picked up at Murcia airport. I was given a car through Dickmanns.  I also booked Do You Spain full insurance. On arrival I was told by Dickmanns they would not accept the DYS insurance so I had to take out their additional full  insurance.  I used the car for a week and was told to put the key in their van letter box as the office(Van) would not be manned when we departed. This we did.  I have now been emailed by Do You Spain to say Dickmanns state I have damaged the car and because I did not report it are charging me Euro's 150.  This an obvious scam and despite emailing DYS to that effect no reponse from them. They have now taken the money from my credit card, has anyone had this done to them and what recourse have I.

Thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Poker in EStepona - 0 posts
dining room table for sale - 2 posts
Spanish Public deficit nearly on target at 6.62% - 3 posts
Car & ITV Test - 7 posts
Do you need planning permission to erect a Log Cabin in Elche - 6 posts
car insurance for car not in use - 9 posts
From another thread: UK law: Innocent until proven guilty - 4 posts
bopmalaga es buscar.php website help anyone please? - 5 posts
Someone Is Telling Porkies - 8 posts
LAKE VINUELA SOCIAL CLUB - 0 posts
Lawyer just informed me I may need a Gestoria - 1 posts
Astronomy Group - Duquesa/Manilva/Estepona & San Pedro - 0 posts
Will Spain Follow Cyprus - 2 posts
Arroyo De La Miel Bank help PLEASE - 0 posts
Cars with foreign number plates - 39 posts
Help for UK TV documentary - 5 posts
Freesat & Sky program guide updates - 0 posts
UK to Spain - 0 posts
20 New Rules to Remember for Spanish Road Users - 60 posts
DEVALUATION - Intriguing Question - 5 posts
Spanish Bank and their Charges - is anyone paying no charges? - 5 posts
Agricultural water - 15 posts
More Phantom Theme Parks for Spain? - 0 posts
Lost Friend I really need your help - 0 posts
Spanish Property Market 2014 : Prices May Fall By Another 15% - 41 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x