Barcelona Notary Question

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Nov 2013 6:32 PM by paulgeorge Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

So I will be finalizing a purchase later this month. I was told property transfer taxes increased from 8 to 10 percent in Barcelona, which I researched online and seems to be true. I also read about an exemption given to buyers under 32 (lowering the rate to 7 percent) but was later told this only applies to Spanish buyers?

Anyway my main question is: I was told the notary will also charge 1.7 percent over the 10 percent for notary expenses and registration. So a total of 11.7 percent. Are those rates normal??

I remember my aunt bought a flat last year and her notary expenses for a similar priced property (200 ish) was around 700-800 ish euros over the 10 percent which they later even returned 100 of to her. 1.7 percent would be roughly 4 times that value! So my question is does it different from notary to notary? Are those rates normal? Or should I just request a different notary?

Thank you!

Like 0      
04 Nov 2013 9:24 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

The fees that Notaries charge are controlled by the government, so they all charge the same. They haven't changed since 1989. Detila about notaries can be found here http://www.notariado.org/liferay/web/notariado/el-notario/que-cuesta

These are the fees for property registrations.

1. For registration, entry or cancellation of every estate or right, will receive the amounts set the following scales:

a) If the value of the property or right does not exceed EUR 6,010.12, 24.040484 euros.
b) For the excess between 6,010.13 and 30,050.61 euros, 1.75 per 1,000.
c) For the excess between 30,050.62 and 60,101.21 euros, 1.25 per 1,000.
d) For the excess between 60,101.22 and 150,253.03 euros, 0.75 per 1,000.
e) On the excess over 150,253.04 and 601,012.10 euros, 0.30 per 1,000.
f) For value exceeding € 601,012.10 0.20 per 1,000.
g) The duty on the registration of deeds of subrogation novation and cancellation of loans or mortgage loans shall be as specified in this section, based on the outstanding principal reduced by 90 100 and regardless of whether the operation is integrated or not in a process of subrogation or mortgage renewal.

This message was last edited by Kathyslad on 04/11/2013.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2013 11:24 PM by paulgeorge Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

so on top of the 10 percent, what is paid is only around 50 euros per every 100k worth of real estate? nothing else? Anyone who has recent experience there please? including registration and notario costs.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2013 10:37 AM by kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

No, you need to read the information in the site I linked. I just gave you the property registration costs ( which I think are more like €150). That's just one costs. There will be others. A rule of thumb is around 0.5%. The point I was making is that their costs are controlled by law, so they should all be the same. For example, a notarised copy of your passport is €3 at them all, because it's set down. The costs list is quite long

Like 0      
05 Nov 2013 12:35 PM by paulgeorge Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks for your helpful answer. 0.5 percent is in the range of the sum I spoke of earlier that my aunt paid, and way less than a third of 1.7 percent they quoted for me. Ill ask where they got that 1.7 percent from just to be sure.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reputable builders in san Javier area ,Murcia - 0 posts
Satellite dishes: community / municipality rules - 0 posts
URBANISATION COMMITTEE MEETINGS - 1 posts
San Jose contact required please - 2 posts
property survey - 2 posts
Legal tip 1061. Work with our team coach - 0 posts
Extra Fees to cover Shortfall due to Debtors - 33 posts
Squatters - 3 posts
Transferring U.S Dollars INTO Spain (La Caixa) - 10 posts
Looking for a campingsite in the south - 6 posts
Vista-del-Rey - 3 posts
MJV Winter Flights - Don't Believe Murcia Today! - 7 posts
satalite dish size to receive freesat in benidorm - 2 posts
New Healthcare Option for Those Without Cover - 19 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL VILLA WANTED - 0 posts
train to Granada - 6 posts
Villa/Apartment wanted for rent in or near Benelmadena - 0 posts
Landlord said against law to tranfer bills to tenants name - 7 posts
Freeview in Spain - 4 posts
Any advice on buying Spanish properties to rent to locals in Jaen region - 3 posts
Sat Dish - Help please - 2 posts
Trying To Contact L. M. at Eurobogados, Vera - 5 posts
A CostaLuz Lawyers angry client - 0 posts
Eating Chorizo - 3 posts
PAYING SPANISH DIRECT DEBITS FROM UK - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x