MJV Winter Flights - Don't Believe Murcia Today!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Nov 2013 10:00 AM by BrianLA Star rating in Nottingham/Los Alcaz.... 16 posts Send private message

Murcia Today are running a story today on winter flights to/from Murcia San Javier:

http://murciatoday.com/winter-flight-schedule-begins-at-san-javier_19218-a.html

I've no idea where they did their research, but a quick glance at the MJV website confirms that the only Ryanair flights over the winter are from Dublin, Luton, Stansted and Manchester, not the long list on Murcia Today. In fact there are only 9 destinations being served in in total, yet Murcia Today suggest that Ryanair alone are running 10 destinations.They also suggest Jet2 are flying over the winter from five destinations, but they're actually only flying from Manchester and Leeds/Bradford.

Despite the suggestion on the story, it's going to be another quiet winter at Murcia San Javier.

Like 0      
01 Nov 2013 11:13 AM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Perhaps when errors are spotted on such great English speaking news on line such as Murcia Today, it would be more helpful to contact them direct.They will be willing to correct anything you identify as incorrect.

Daveil

Like 1      
01 Nov 2013 11:52 AM by BrianLA Star rating in Nottingham/Los Alcaz.... 16 posts Send private message

Considering their site doesn't accept comments and their contact page asks all sorts of details like what company I work for I generally think they aren't that welcoming of feedback.

Like 0      
01 Nov 2013 12:03 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

I have phoned their office and they have been most helpful but I understand that if you are not living here right now, contact with them is more difficult.

Daveil

Like 1      
01 Nov 2013 12:03 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

As far as I have always been aware, Murcia Today have consistently been the most honest and truthful media delivery system but I m sure they will be prone to errors.

Perhaps they make giving feedback a touch more difficult as they would not have time to comment on all input on their articles but I m sure they would value being corrected.

Like 1      
01 Nov 2013 12:06 PM by BrianLA Star rating in Nottingham/Los Alcaz.... 16 posts Send private message

An email address would be useful. I accept that they're a very good site and generally very accurate, but I'm not in Spain at the moment and I'm not paying an international call to help them correct an article which was well below their usual standards of research.

Like 0      
01 Nov 2013 12:16 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

email address of Murcia Today is murciatoday.com

This is a red day national holiday in Spain

Daveil

Like 0      
05 Nov 2013 5:48 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Got the following reponse from Murcia Today via email.

To be honest it was very easy to send the question re the submit enquiry box on the website, no need for a phone call.

..............................................................................................................................................

We have contacted the agency who sent the info and had a good moan as a couple of people have said the data isn´t correct. I have requested a detailed list of who flies where and when so we can put out better info. I´m sorry about this, the data we pay for and have been given is obviously not correct.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

satalite dish size to receive freesat in benidorm - 2 posts
New Healthcare Option for Those Without Cover - 19 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL VILLA WANTED - 0 posts
train to Granada - 6 posts
Villa/Apartment wanted for rent in or near Benelmadena - 0 posts
Landlord said against law to tranfer bills to tenants name - 7 posts
Freeview in Spain - 4 posts
Any advice on buying Spanish properties to rent to locals in Jaen region - 3 posts
Sat Dish - Help please - 2 posts
Trying To Contact L. M. at Eurobogados, Vera - 5 posts
A CostaLuz Lawyers angry client - 0 posts
Eating Chorizo - 3 posts
PAYING SPANISH DIRECT DEBITS FROM UK - 21 posts
Withhold facilities to community debtors - 3 posts
Accessing Community Forums - 3 posts
USA bugged has 60 million phone calls in Spain - 2 posts
INTERNET TV - 16 posts
Imputed non resident property tax - 1 posts
Clothing/fabric dyers - 0 posts
Ryanair suitcase - 2 posts
I'm looking for a job! - 1 posts
Best Broadband in Duquesa - 2 posts
New Iphones and Ipads - 7 posts
Moro'n de la Frontera area? - 3 posts
planning permission for a swimming pool? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x