Change to tax rate for non resident home owners??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2013 4:32 PM by del007 Star rating. 274 posts Send private message

Hi norm de plume,

That's great and really good work.  What do you book against letting expenses, particularly whrn your argument is that you do not let?  I am only too happy to complain to my MEP, if I can find him.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2013 5:14 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

I tried that one, but the AEAT told me that expenses could only be deducted from actual (as opposed to imputed) income.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2013 6:18 PM by del007 Star rating. 274 posts Send private message

Governments are unbelievable.  I am classed as a nutter when I say that I cannot distinguish between gangsters and governments.  It's true, they both have the same agenda.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2013 9:08 PM by lijaloo Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

If you actually rent your Spanish holiday home out I believe you have to complete the tax return quarterly based on the actual income you receive less allowable expenses.  

If you don't rent it out, as you don't live in it permanently it could be rented out if you wanted to, so imputed tax has to be paid on the property.  Could never really understand it until it was explained to me in that way.  

Like 0      
15 Nov 2013 4:34 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

I have at last managed to get the system to accept my details for the Modelo 210 for 2012, having failed completely last year with 2011.  As a result of my complaints they have at last changed the Kafkaesque system of telling you that there is an error without telling you what the error is.  They now tell you.  However they did not tell me they had changed the system - I found out purely by chance.  An apology for all the time I (and others) have wasted on the rubbish system they installed would be nice, but then the words "our mistake" and "sorry" do no not appear in the Spanish bureaucrat's vocabulary.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2013 9:58 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Norm. I had severe problems last year with the 4 returns I had to make for my so.  I may have made 100 attempts, however, eventually I did the job.  But most times I did get an explanation what the errors were. 

This year the returns were a piece of cake.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2013 10:08 AM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

You obviously didn't keep getting the dreaded "Error 0115" as I did.  The Defensor del Pueblo is still waiting for an explanation of the rubbish system from them after nearly a year.  If there was a system of compensation payable, as in the UK, they might be a bit more accountable (and you and I might be a bit better off).

This year originally, the system would not accept my details.  Now they have amended it, it is straightforward.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Four foot pedals - no handbrake. - 4 posts
Telefonica/Movistar the most useless company on this planet. - 18 posts
Bought a French car with the intention of taking it to Spain – not a straightforward process. - 3 posts
WANTED flat to share on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Property Swap - 3 posts
Enter the b****y code - 3 posts
Malaga Car Hire - 4 posts
utilities and costings - 2 posts
trying to find a flight Search Engine - 5 posts
route Bilbao to costa del sol - 5 posts
Wer spricht deutsch? - 3 posts
Oh dear, this member hasn't provided any information yet - 41 posts
Denuncias - 11 posts
Anti social behaviour by tenants - 1 posts
COCKROACHES IN SPAIN SORTED OUT AND HOW - 0 posts
CostaLuz or MariadeCastro? - 5 posts
Los Alcazares: Looking for a Handyman, Plumber, Electrician - 1 posts
Garlic and Olive Oil - The Seventies and Eighties in Spain - 1 posts
Typhoid vaccination - possible from a private clinic? - 1 posts
thor TL1 500 - 0 posts
IF IT ISN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT - 3 posts
easyJet Flights June-Sept - 0 posts
one way van hire move - 0 posts
Controversial but is it Truthful - 19 posts
Have you, or has anyone you know, left the UK to start a new life? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x