New to site and need some advice please.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Oct 2013 9:06 PM by baggy46a Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

Me and my partner are considering buying a holiday home in spain we are a family of 4 and are looking at the area of Gandia (Oliva in particular) and we were hoping to get some advice on the area(s) 

Also we are looking for ways to spot for illegal builds and what sort of things we should do or need to bear in mind before viewing a property? any advice would be great. Also where we could find somewhere to rent for the time we would be coming over (next year) in that region.

And finally the adv winter temps?

Sorry about the the amount of questions but we obviously need to find out as much as possible.

Many thanks,

E & J

Like 0      
06 Oct 2013 9:43 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Hello .

This Site has a RENTALS page for long term and short term just at the TOP of this page.

Indicate what area of Spain you want to rent/ reside  and a choice will be listed along with contcat details.

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2013 11:21 AM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Also you could try a group we use- holidaylettings. There are lots here though on this site too.

We have been on eye on Spain for years and have had so much valuable advice  from it.Just trawl it for a while and you will get a 'taste' of how life is here.

Accuweather will give you temperatures in Gandia area. Even in Winter for a few hours it can feel like our best UK Summer temperatures.

Daveil

Like 0      
17 Oct 2013 10:42 AM by ombuilder000 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED - SPAM **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/17/2013 11:13:00 AM.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2013 5:51 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

1st use a reputeable solicitor. Don't use one recommended by an estate agent - (not they are all shonky).  Check to make sure that there are no oustanding debts against the property.  Check that your utilities are all legal i.e. that the property is still not on builders supply and that any electric / water meters are fully legal and registered. Demand to see utility bills etc. before proceeding if necessary.  Try to speak to the seller & not just the estate agent about how much the property is on the maket for! (Not unknown in the past for estate agents to tell the seller one figure and sell it for a higher figure and pocket the difference). I would also suggest trying to avoid any form of cash transactions - this could save you money initially but could cost you in the long run. Any doubts about any of the things listed above - walk away as there are loads more properties on the market to choose from.

Having said all this, if you employ a half decent lawyer, they should do all the checks above and keep you informed and of any discrepencies.  Just make sure that all the Is are dotted and Ts crossed.cool

Hope this helps a little.  Im sure that others in the forum will add their bits to this and correct me if I'm wrong.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Iberdrola PPI Charge . Can we get rid ? - 11 posts
UK Probate - 2 posts
Beach space to rent - 5 posts
Late 50's couple seeking a long term let - 0 posts
General Advice on buying - 6 posts
Are Barclays bank in Spain in the real world? - 14 posts
Origuela costa - 1 posts
Well done Goldcar Rental Murcia - 5 posts
transfer of car - 0 posts
Six month old Hyundai i10 Auto - Catalonia - L'Ametlla de Mar - 0 posts
English Size Bed - 0 posts
Question re POA and Bank Guarantees - 0 posts
Sim cards in Spain and UK - 1 posts
Women drive worse than men says Spanish judge! - 18 posts
Giving up smoking - Champix? - 15 posts
Orihuela Costa villa cleaning - 4 posts
Orihuela Costa villa cleaning - 4 posts
Help on heating boiler fire - 0 posts
Road legal golf buggies in Spain - 1 posts
time of year.. - 17 posts
Barking mad - 2 posts
To what extent is Spain a police state? - 86 posts
Zaplin and IPTV - 3 posts
Gas Natural and the hidden costs - 0 posts
Astra 2E latest launch information, UK TV in Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x