Barking mad

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Sep 2013 9:31 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

We have recently had renters move in close to us with 2 large dogs that bark all the time.people who live close are up in arms about them but we cannot complain to the dog owners as they are never seen off the property.No one dare go into the garden to talk to them for fear of being savaged by the dogs who are undoubtedly vicious and dangerous.

Our Urb solicitor tells us all we can do is denounce the owners. has anyone had any experience of denunciations or od similar problems?

Any advice appreciated.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2013 9:02 AM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

The best thing to do is go and see the local police, explain the situation to them and ask them if it's possible to do something about it. I'm not sure what the law is regarding barking dogs as my Spanish partner tells me there is a grey area regarding what is classed as 'outside'. A dog can be outside in the yard but they would somehow still class this as 'inside'. 

One thing I've learnt living in Spain is that no matter where you are, you will almost certainly have the sound of barking dogs in the background. Even in the small, quiet village I live in there are several dogs barking twenty-four hours a day. They are mainly treated as guard dogs here more than they are loving family members. It's just the way it is.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2013 10:02 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

We are used to some barking as we have 2 small dogs one side of us and another one 2 doors away in the other direction. We also look after dogs for friends when they go on holiday but believe me , the current situation is beyond the pale. I suspect the larger of the 2 dogs is a crossbreed, if not it is the largest Alsation I have ever seen. Not only is it extremely noisy it is obviously vicious  as it tries to get through the balustrades and snaps and snarls at people. There is no doubt that it comes into the category of "dangerous dogs".

Obviously we will be contacting the police and will report here what happens for interests sake.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

To what extent is Spain a police state? - 86 posts
Zaplin and IPTV - 3 posts
Gas Natural and the hidden costs - 0 posts
Astra 2E latest launch information, UK TV in Spain - 1 posts
Jobs for the Boys (or Girls as the case may be...) - 6 posts
How do I boost TDT signal in Spain? - 5 posts
dog transfer to Spain - 1 posts
debit/Credit Cards - 9 posts
Renting a car made easy - 0 posts
Buying a mobile home in spain. - 0 posts
Spain Sucks - 30 posts
Backward Spain - 10 posts
Form 211 - 2 posts
Peter presentation - 2 posts
Help with WIFI and Phone wanted - 6 posts
Contacting Movistar - 8 posts
The TV Sharks are circling - 0 posts
‘Second homes tax’ for residents on worldwide property - 13 posts
Estate in Pilar De la Horadada - 2 posts
Ford Iveco 7500kg Truck For Sale - 1 posts
Tile Painting - 4 posts
Flamenco Dresses - 2 posts
Online Spanish Food - 6 posts
Au Pairs for CostaLuz Lawyers team - 0 posts
Starting a scooter hire business - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x