How do I boost TDT signal in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Sep 2013 12:35 PM by craigedmonds Star rating in Marbella. 28 posts Send private message

craigedmonds´s avatar

I just recently bought a new top of the range samsung TV and usually the signal is okay but when it rains and for time afterwards, it kind of sucks.

This is what I am seeing this morning!

I live in a commnunity building right in the centre of Marbella so the dish is on the top of the building which I dont have access to and noone is around on a weekend.

Is there anything I can buy like a "booster" that I can plug between the wall socket and my new TV which will boost the digital signal?

Like 0      
29 Sep 2013 7:24 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

This could be a number of things:

An issue with the actual community aerial / system - speak to the administrator (do others people have the same issue?) - that is what they are there for!! The antenna may not be aligned cotrrectly, or the distribution unit / amplifer is not configured correctly.

Most community system already have amplifers on the system (or should). Amplifiers should be placed near the source, so that the signal gets "boosted" - if at your eed then you will simply be amplifiing all the noise as well!

Cables - sometime the cable peope use from their wallplate to the TV is simply no good. Some people skimp and buy cheap thin cable - say from a chineese shop or crappyfour - where the inner core cable is very thin (almost as thin as hair) and is no good for relaible signals. Cable with a thicker core is better and may help.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
29 Sep 2013 7:45 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

It would appear your service is from a Satellite system.  My system also has difficulties on weaker channels when there is very heavy rain, which I believe ‘blocks’ the signal.  

I have never  noticed any problem with Spanish TV  which comes from the community aerial.  I think the signal from that aerial is a TDT signal. 

Satandguy,  can you clarify this please ?.

Like 0      
29 Sep 2013 7:28 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

It would appear your service is from a Satellite system. 

The title of the thread says "TDT" - which is the Spanish TV system - Television Digital Terrestrial - Terrestrial meaning it is via TV aerial and land based masts. So it is nothing to do with satellite.

My system also has difficulties on weaker channels when there is very heavy rain, which I believe ‘blocks’ the signal.  

Yes, In rain / heavy cloud, the weaker signal cannot make it through, so reception is lost, even on the large 2,4m dishes. I have never lost TDT signals, even in the heaviest of rain, but have done in some really hot and humid summers, as the heat can play havoc with TDT signals.

I have never  noticed any problem with Spanish TV  which comes from the community aerial.  I think the signal from that aerial is a TDT signal. 

Correct. But if the system is not correctly aligned, of the amplifer / distribution unit is not correctly configured, or the cables from apartment to apartment are not good, or there are poor connections.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
30 Sep 2013 6:28 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

I live in a commnunity building right in the centre of Marbella so the dish is on the top of the building which I dont have access to and noone is around on a weekend

.So it is nothing to do with satellite.

I thought It MIGHT have as the poster said DISH.  But what do I now as a woman.  That's why I ask you to clarify.

This message was last edited by elaineG on 30/09/2013.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2013 7:50 AM by craigedmonds Star rating in Marbella. 28 posts Send private message

craigedmonds´s avatar

The same way that I dont care where my nike shoes come from or how chicken mcnuggets are made, I am also igonarant as to how the television is fed its signal or the difference between TDT and/or digital, it could be a satelite dish or an aerial or chinaman with a coat hanger no idea to be perfectly honest. I just assumed that its a sateilite dish seeing there is a six foot satelite dish on the roof.

smiley

All I know is that its fuzzy sometimes and cant get some of the spanish digital (not TDT?) channels sometimes after it rains.

I am going to go and buy a new high quality aerial cable in the meantime to see if it helps, because the current cable is covered in plastic so no idea if its low quality or made with strands of unicorn hair.

BUt thanks to everyone for their help, much appreciated.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

dog transfer to Spain - 1 posts
debit/Credit Cards - 9 posts
Renting a car made easy - 0 posts
Buying a mobile home in spain. - 0 posts
Spain Sucks - 30 posts
Backward Spain - 10 posts
Form 211 - 2 posts
Peter presentation - 2 posts
Help with WIFI and Phone wanted - 6 posts
Contacting Movistar - 8 posts
The TV Sharks are circling - 0 posts
‘Second homes tax’ for residents on worldwide property - 13 posts
Estate in Pilar De la Horadada - 2 posts
Ford Iveco 7500kg Truck For Sale - 1 posts
Tile Painting - 4 posts
Flamenco Dresses - 2 posts
Online Spanish Food - 6 posts
Au Pairs for CostaLuz Lawyers team - 0 posts
Starting a scooter hire business - 5 posts
Non resident cif number - 26 posts
Press fit plumbing systems - 4 posts
Rental Investment - Apartment or Villa? - 3 posts
changing windows 7 language - 6 posts
Goldcar – even more ways to get us to part with our money. - 1 posts
Latest update Astra 20-09-2013 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x