applying for health care

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Aug 2013 5:14 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
You apply before you move, but not more than 4 weeks before. Or you can apply afterwards and give them a date already past! Even though I bought my house last year, I've been part-time uo until now, so I phoned them this week from the UK and the document is being sent to mySpanish address.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
29 Aug 2013 5:31 PM by KathysLad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

... and the traumas of cutting myself adrift from the NHS.

Tamara, I'm sure you know, but in the proposal that currently under consultation, besides a proposal to stop issuing the S1 for those under pension age, there's also a proposal that providing you have NI contribution years (I think the proposal is 7) you will still be able to go back to the UK and receive treatment, without being a resident. So, its still cradle to grave.

This message was last edited by KathysLad on 29/08/2013.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2013 6:08 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

ElaineG wrote

" But Spaniard are required to carry ID at alltimes,  but they of cousre have their DNI    (Documento Nacional Identidad), which is their legal ID.  With it they can travel throughout the EU."

& as I wrote , they are not required to carry it anymore , as long as they can prove within reason who they are or don't mind being carted off until someone vouces for them. It crops up regularly in the papers & there is always an addendum stating why the person didn't have ID as it is no longer a requiste , although most carry it.

I have used my Spanish driving licence for witness statements & translation for theGuardia. I specifically asked the question of them " was the spanish d/l sufficient proof"

" yes , it has all the info we require & only lacks the fingerprint " was the answer.

In addition when renewing my healthcare last year ,that was all I gave to back up the registration certificate. He did ask for passport but I told him if it's good enough for the Guardia it's good enough for you & it was accepted , as was my wife's.

" PS  Gus,  If you are so convinced you can use your D/L, try signonga  document before a Notrary, or arguing the point with the police, "

I do /have done , it isn't a problem. I carry nothing else & never have done , or will. I know I can't fly with it.

This message was last edited by guslopez on 29/08/2013.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2013 6:22 PM by wencra Star rating in mollina - malaga. 66 posts Send private message

wencra´s avatar

tamaraessex thanks for that,

have looked on the gov website but am struggling to find the consoltation document does anyone have a link to it?

tamaraessex thanks for that

Like 0      
29 Aug 2013 6:57 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

The consultation closed yesterday.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/migrants-and-overseas-visitors-use-of-the-nhs

Like 0      
29 Aug 2013 6:57 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
KathysLa wrote: "Tamara, I'm sure you know, but in the proposal that currently under consultation, besides a proposal to stop issuing the S1 for those under pension age, there's also a proposal that providing you have NI contribution years (I think the proposal is 7) you will still be able to go back to the UK and receive treatment, without being a resident. So, its still cradle to grave."

But my point is that I'm cutting myself adrift from that safety net by moving here to Spain and becoming resident. I know I can opt back in by moving back to the UK, I was merely pointing out that to me, removing myself from the all-embracing care that we take for granted, seems a bigger step than transferring my tax and other administrative processes. As far as I know, I am here for life. Therefore I have left the care of the NHS.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
29 Aug 2013 7:22 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Tamara

The point I am making is that whereas today you would have to move back to the UK to use the NHS, under the new proposal you can just go back for a few weeks and use it. So for example, if you don't qualify for state care here, and you have a pre existing condition, which won't be covered under private health care, you will at least have a safety net now, which you didn't before. This assumes, of course, that it is implemented, which I think it will be.

I do appreciate the point you are making.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2013 7:23 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Kathyslad, what a fascinating document!

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/migrants-and-overseas-visitors-use-of-the-nhs

I have been searching for that for a few days. I note Spain is not cited as in the appendix - nobody knows .LOL. 

So if I am reading it right UK gov't saves £3.1 million by stopping S1's?

Is that correct

Juan

Like 0      
29 Aug 2013 7:25 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Yep, that's what it said.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TO ALL BLOGGERS & ADMIN - 0 posts
problems with my kindle. - 5 posts
problem with web page - 5 posts
habitation certificate - 40 posts
Blog changes!! WHERE ARE PHOTOS I UPLOADED? - 10 posts
Goodfly - 0 posts
administrators - 3 posts
I am looking at geting a new bench top any recommendations? - 3 posts
Disapponted visit to Spain - 10 posts
swimming pools - 2 posts
Social Security Payments- Optional? - 1 posts
Windows - 1 posts
Legal tip 1010. Law on Foreign investments in Spain. Bit four - 0 posts
Have you been affected by a Cowboy Builder? - 23 posts
JUST WHO IS DOING THE SHOPLIFTING - 11 posts
fulhampatrick - 0 posts
Need a new kitchen and or bench top - 0 posts
Google Chrome Bug - 2 posts
Spain: fertile lands in return for European assistance and credits. - 0 posts
Bank accounts in the UK - 5 posts
Gibraltar border cntrols - 1 posts
EHIC vs Travel Insurance - 10 posts
Private and public healthcare - 0 posts
Foreign investment in Spain. Bit three - 0 posts
Health & Safety certificate. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x