New Member who would really value some local information on Vera Playa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 May 2013 9:23 AM by Longdon Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello Guys,

I am new to eye on Spain and would really appreciate anybodys views on Vera. We have been thinking as a family

for some time about a holiday home and this week Banko Popular have contacted me about Veranda Agua & Mar

houses and appartments. With the Bank taking these from KeyMarie they seem to be offering very attractive deals?

Does anybody own or have recently bought in this development that could provide some tips and views. Many thanks. Stephen.

Like 0      
31 May 2013 9:43 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Hi - I am not on those developements but I do know Vera Playa - and I think it has a lot of potential.   BUT it is the area which has been hardest hit in this part of Almeria.   Prices really have plummetted and there are a lot of unfinished/empty properties.   It was very much in danger of being overbuilt, so at least that has stopped.   The businesses around Bourganvilla roundabout are really struggling, and estate agents, lawyers and banks have all relocated (usually into Vera itself).     I would spend a bit of time looking around the whole area.   Within walking distance you have the fabulous Garrucha - which used to be expensive for property but you can now find good value apartments there.   Also close is Villaricos - the jewel in the crown in my opinion and also much reduced property wise.   Sea view properties and bank repos aplenty.   For a family holiday place, you would be hard to beat Mojacar Playa - which is also much reduced but not  as desolate as Vera Playa.   Personally, I would forget the new developments (often finished under instructions from banks and therefore with low costs in mind), and have a look around at what is on the market.    

I am not putting down Vera Playa - and I love Vera itself (which is a working town), I would just not rush into anything.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Shared ownership of a property - 10 posts
TRADING IN SPAIN FROM MY MOBILE CATERING TRAILER - 5 posts
moving to spainandneedong ileostomy supplies ? - 1 posts
Minimum income - 9 posts
NIE certifcates - 2 posts
Would you rely on your "European Health card" in Spain and travel without Insurance ? - 61 posts
Recommendation for car hire company at Almeria airport - 4 posts
Borrador de Delcaracion Pendiente de Confirmar - 5 posts
Incapacity Pension - 0 posts
Economy Car Rentals - 4 posts
Model flying clubs near torrevieja - 1 posts
Residency and UK / Spanish car query - 6 posts
Apple Store in La Cañada - 8 posts
Bank help needed , please - 10 posts
Amazing Bar And Club In Denia partner / investor sought - 4 posts
Need advice on renting properties and costs of living in Fuengirola Area - 0 posts
Buying a car in Spain, new NIE Number - 5 posts
robert boyd - 2 posts
paying into the spanish social system - 2 posts
swimming pool cleaners - recommendations - 0 posts
time to buy in Spain?? - 23 posts
Has Spain "lost its way" in Tourism ? - 9 posts
Easyjet new hand baggage rules... May 2013 - 7 posts
Air Conditioning unit for sale, good price - 2 posts
Song - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x