Sky HD BOX

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2013 5:39 PM by OMARELL Star rating in Baldock Hertfordshir.... 47 posts Send private message

Moving to Spain end of May planning to take my SKY HD BOX.Currently under contract with SKY.Will it work with my Community Dish.At the moment I have Free view .There are Sky channels on it but no no access with the current set top box.

cheers

Like 0      
26 Apr 2013 5:46 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

probably

it's the same satelite....

Like 0      
29 Apr 2013 8:30 AM by lscott88 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Yes it should work, you should be able to just connect the cable to the box and you don't need a card in it either

Like 0      
29 Apr 2013 8:42 AM by rockinrodders Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

If you want the Sky channels that you're paying for on the contract then you'll need to bring the card as well, otherwise you'll only get the same free channels you already get on your freeview box.

We've got a Sky HD box working fine with our community dish and it just plugged in and worked straight away including the HD channels. If I take the sky card out of the box then most of the channels don't work.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2013 8:49 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

You don't need the card to access the Free to Air channels that Sky puts out.  If you wish to continue getting the Sky pay channels, you will need the card which is matched to your HD box and you will also need a UK address to have the card and bills sent to.  Sky will not provide the service in Spain so never phone them if you have a problem or the service will be terminated (it is against their T&C of use).  

I used a Sky box at first, without card, simply to get the channels.  I changed after a while and bought a HD satellite receiver over here for around €60 with a USB record facility and now get all the channels that freesat offers not just the ones that Sky does (although there's not a great deal of difference).  The other benefit is that, during bad weather, if a channel drops out there are plenty of others to choose from which may not be affected.  For example, we have ITV 1 HD for London, during the recent heavy storms it dropped out and I chose another ITV 1 HD which was not affected and I couldn't do that on the Sky box.  The downside is that there is no EPG on my new box which Sky has.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jet2.com seat allocation - 2 posts
Ryanair - Do you pay card charges? I don't - 5 posts
Gutter Fitting - 0 posts
Bank pays without BG because the report of the Administrators Appointed by the Court in an insolvency process says the amounts where guaranteed - 0 posts
Court case against La Caixa / Trampolin Hills - 44 posts
Forced to complete after loosing court battle. Please help!!! - 15 posts
Sale of Goods - 7 posts
Change of Utility Provider - 2 posts
Energy performance certificate - 4 posts
Spain's Risk Premium falls and Stock Market rises - Sign of improvement? - 3 posts
FOOTBALL - La Liga - Bundesliga - Premier League ... Who Rules in European Football? - 21 posts
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for sale - practically unused! - 0 posts
Community Accounts? - 2 posts
Asset reporting - 23 posts
jetXTRA - NEW LOW COST airline to Alicante - They promise no hidden charges!! - 9 posts
alicante airport - 12 posts
Furniture storage - 4 posts
Moving to Spain, Need some advice!! - 37 posts
Condadorentals web page - 0 posts
wanted, good quality furniture and kitchen appliances - 3 posts
Phone Internet Shop Cabo Roig - 1 posts
Urgent CAR help! - 6 posts
Market at Hipodromo .. what a shambles - 4 posts
Trampolin Hills - 0 posts
static caravan - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x