Market at Hipodromo .. what a shambles

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2013 9:25 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have been up to the Sunday market at the racecourse many times over the past few years to sell stuff .. usually after clearing things out from home. On average I go around once every month or two. It has always been very well run, easy to park, no hassle, and a nice day out.

How things have changed!!

I have always just turned up around 7.30-8am and never had any problem getting a stall .. especially  when it was held in the car park where there were many spaces left, even after the market had opened.

We arrived there yesterday at 6am where there was a queue right from racecourse entrance to the road going down to La Cala, and beyond. Nobody was being let in at this stage. Around 6.45 a market employee came to tell us to park in the car park as no spaces would be given out until 8.30 and gave us all a ticket (mine was number 18). A man came to the car park around 8.45 to tell us (who had been waiting over 2 hours) that the only space available were ones without car spaces?? So how were we supposed to transport our stuff in, including filing cabinet and office desks in my case?

To cut a long story short, we (another friend with car full of things to sell) went home again. Now, I understand that people with permanent spots (who pay monthly up front) take priority but it´s not exactly rocket science. Why can´t they simply count the number of permanent stall, paid for, count the number of spaces left and let that many cars in???

Sadly another case of a good market turning into chaos because it is being run badly

What a shame!

Jane

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 10:42 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

Thanks for that I was planning on taking a car load tis coming Sunday, I think I will try the one in Calypso instead.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 11:20 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

No problem .. I don´t know where there are any decent car boot markets nowadays. I am sure Calypso only allows in permanent stall holders who have licences from the town hall, but if you find out any different please let me know.

Thanks,

Jane

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 11:27 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

Hi Jane,

What a shame as i think car boots are a great way of getting rid of unwanted items and raising some cash, i am suprised there are not more charity car boots here in Spain where the Pitch fee goes to a good cause.

I will keep you posted on Calypso.

dave

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 12:07 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Trampolin Hills - 0 posts
static caravan - 5 posts
Selling my home bankers draft - 6 posts
AP7 TOLL FEES ESTEPONA-MALAGA AIRPORT - 5 posts
Mooving To spain - 45 posts
Mini One - 0 posts
Support a Spanish foundation crowdfunding project. - 0 posts
External wall insulation grants and loans - 0 posts
Painting Balustrades - 4 posts
Looking for replacement umbrella canopy Nr. Torrevieja - 0 posts
Horse riding - 3 posts
Is Corvera airport now dead in the water? - 10 posts
Retail Knowledge - 0 posts
Internet help please. - 0 posts
Illegal to rent out? - 26 posts
Can anyone recommend a good Gestor in Torrox Costa area ? - 2 posts
CAMPOSOL new ownership ( formerly Gateway to India ) SPICE VILLA CAMPOSOL - 3 posts
I have bought a LHD Spanish Registered Car in the UK is it really that difficult to transfer into my name - 22 posts
Abortion reform in Spain : Madness! - 33 posts
Change of address - 5 posts
Expat Solutions - 19 posts
retail shop rental for florist business. - 12 posts
Will a cheap airline fly to cordoba? - 2 posts
hello - 21 posts
uk / spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x