Squatting

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Apr 2013 7:22 AM by Andybaz Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

In the town I live, this past weekend a unoccupied house has been broken into and squatted. The Guadia can do nothing about it. It not a property of primary residence.

The occupants are asking for 1000 euro to leave, or a % if the property is sold.

So, look out. Its the tip of the Iceburg.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 8:51 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

Yes it is the tip of the iceburg, but what are families todo if they have no work and are unable to make Mortgage or rent payments. Bnaks have thrown people onto the streets. So people move into an empty property. A civilised society should look how it treats the poor members not look at the rich as a judge of how that society has improved over the years.

To give an example i was registered as self employed for over 6 years and paid the 260ish per month in Social Security payments as selfemployed. Afer an accident in the Fire last year where I broke most of the bones in my foot i was not able to work or drive. Guess what help i had from Social Security...nada...i paid over 20,000 into the system and had no help. I was lucky my wife works and i had help from friends.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 9:17 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

there were some programs about this on spanish tv

a group of kids in madrid had moved into an empty 40 room building and jacked into the water and electric from the street.

everyone they asked walking past it said `good on them`

its rife but because spain is very `for the people` or supposed to be they are just tolerating it

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 9:23 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Yeah you do have to feel sorry for the squatters, no home, no work, no food, no tomorrow......

Yeah wait until they squat in your house then see how you feel about them.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 9:43 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

what a stupid reply, "wait until they squat in your house"

IF they entered a house which is occupied and lived in the police would eveict them, i suggest you read the original post.

People are moving into empty properties.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 10:31 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

IF they entered a house which is occupied and lived in the police would eveict them, i suggest you read the original post.

People are moving into empty properties.

Stupid as stupid is Sir.

I suggest that you read the first post and my reply correctly before you answer.

Any house empty or otherwise is owned by someone, somewhere, surely you have the brainpower to work out what my answer meant, or dont you? do you really believe that i thought squatters had moved into a occupied house with the tenants or owners still living in it.

For the sake of clarity and of course yourself.....Some people are on the side of squatters when they move into an "Empty" house, wait until they squat into your "Empty" house  and then see how you feel about it.

Yes i now see that i didn't make my answer as clear as it should have been for some to understand.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 5:10 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

baz1946 Star rating. 173 posts Send private message

Yeah you do have to feel sorry for the squatters, no home, no work, no food, no tomorrow......

Yeah wait until they squat in your house then see how you feel about them.

if that wat to me i am sure you know i am not like a load of these pussys on the forum.

they would see a whole heap of pain if they tried.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 10:50 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

if that wat to me i am sure you know i am not like a load of these pussys on the forum.

they would see a whole heap of pain if they tried.

+1

"davidjrowe

03 Apr 2013 09:43

IF they entered a house which is occupied and lived in the police would eveict them, i suggest you read the original post."

No they wouldn't . It is a civil offence & you'd have to go to court. Quite a few spaniards have gone away for a couple of weeks

& returned to find squatters in there properties & they have to go to court to get them out: was a big programme on' Commando Actualidad 'a couple of years back.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2013 6:20 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

It clearly states, in the Spanish Constitution, that it is a criminal offence to deprive an "individual" of their rightful abode.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2013 7:06 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

It might do & they have tightened the law recently to speed up the process , but it is not as simple as ring the police to get them thrown out, far from it.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2013 7:29 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

Thank you Gus, it seems there is a lot of mis information out there.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2013 8:57 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

dont belive the hype and bull about all this squatters rights in spain

propaganda

source: someone (me) who has lived in spain for 10 years and has sorted `problems` for people

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ANYBODY NEED ANYTHING BRINGING FROM UK TO SPAIN AROUND MAY 20TH - CAN BRING DOGS IF NEEDED - 0 posts
Building Costs Spain - 2 posts
Embargo on our house info please - 11 posts
European Ombudsman seminar "It's our Europe: Let's get active!" April 23rd 2013 - 3 posts
Crossing a line in the sand - 3 posts
Dorothy - 5 posts
Is it right Maria C refuses to speak to her client over negligence? - 21 posts
Apartments for Sale..La Condesa de Mijas - 6 posts
All Inclusive Cruise Valencia - 2 posts
For Sale Bookcase 3 piece suite and computer station with chair 1.3 dish - 1 posts
interlinking communities - 1 posts
non resident tax - 3 posts
driving lessons - 3 posts
bingo - 0 posts
Cyprus 60% haircut, about time too! - 24 posts
Walking in the Subbetica - 8 posts
Smart TV with built in Freesat - 2 posts
Tabacs location - 4 posts
The UKs freezing easter climate. Starting a rush to Spain - 2 posts
State schools Marbella - 1 posts
Bank of Spain, Official exchange rates for 2012 - 3 posts
shop licence in Mijas - 1 posts
working on your own home at weekends etc - 1 posts
Jet 2 discount code - 7 posts
Re cover garden furniture - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x