Deposit Returned from Arenal Duquesa - Happy Ending

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Mar 2013 2:00 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Fantastic  News

After thinking that we has lost our  6000 Euro deposit for good we have had a bank statement in today to say that 6000 Euros has been deposited into our Spanish Bank . We are over the moon especailly as it was the company who contacted us not the other way around.   We never expected to receive that money ever and  had decided not to pursue the deposit through the courts working on the premise that even  if we did win we would never receive it.  How good was that decison without costing us a penny.

I am sure that the company must have been forced to carry out this exercise - benevolance does not play its part here but to amyone who has lost  a deposit please contact  their company . We were lucky as the company contacted us asking if we wished to purchase an apartment or receive out deposit .  Don 't give up .

Like 0      
26 Mar 2013 3:00 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Well Tamsin,

that is really is good news , congrats, it is also interesting, I have never tried contacting Interlaken, always worked through lawyers until they disappeared, I wonder if they are still trading, I will google them, thank you.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
26 Mar 2013 9:41 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

This is fascinating.......... do you know if this became a Bank reposession?

I'm wondering if the Bank or developer have recognised that it makes more sense to return the relatively small deposit (by some standards.... no offence Tamsin!) so that they can legally resell the apartment?

Could anyone cast any light on this action?

This message was last edited by ads on 26/03/2013.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2013 5:40 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

No luck with Interlaken, I suppose they are bust or hiding.

Norman

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 1:57 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Norman

I will have a look at the name of the company that returned the deposit. . It was not the name of the original one we put the deposist down with.  As I said we gave up completely  on this as it is nearly 5 years ago.  I  understand there was some ruling in the European courts - whatever it was it was good for us . That will pay our expensivee maintenance feeas for a few years .

Like 0      
03 Apr 2013 3:36 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Tamsin Congratulations that's great news!  You must be relieved! :) So glad yours was a happy ending!

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BEACH BARS/RESTAURANTS - 4 posts
Easyjet Winter Flights - 4 posts
Broken ceramic hob, "help" - 4 posts
Plumbers Merchants - 1 posts
Owning a horse in Andalucia - 3 posts
Driving to Spain from UK. - 9 posts
"Dick van Turpin" raids Cypriot Residents Savings. Is it Legal ? - 16 posts
Problems with vodafone.es web site? - 3 posts
uk home - 0 posts
Book about living in benidorm - 1 posts
Car to Spain - 1 posts
filling in yearly spanish tax forms - 14 posts
Spains deserted Motorways... Prime example of Euro wastage.? - 10 posts
help needed please - 3 posts
Definitive Swimming Pool Size / Lifeguard Regulations Wanted - 11 posts
Do you need a TA1 form to get a Tarjeta Sanitaria - 6 posts
WANTED info left hand drive for right hand drive - 3 posts
Aparthoteles failures - 0 posts
Exchange Spanish car for British - 2 posts
Advice sought regarding the transfer of a vehicle in Spain - 7 posts
mooring in Lo Pagan,Mar Menor,Murcia. - 1 posts
Solar tank - 6 posts
Swimming Pool Filter - 0 posts
Looking for a Shih Tzu - 3 posts
11 month rental contract - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x