Pocket Pages for the CB

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Whilst in the CB in June I picked up the first publication of Pocket Pages. It's kind of like a diddy sized Spanish yellow pages in English but relies on firms & businesses advertising so a few I thought would be in it (like David Krouse, master locksmith with a shop in Benijofar both for locks & golf supplies) isn't !!

I picked it up in Quesada can't think where but it was outside a cafe. It's free too. It's also got page after page of great info such as markets, golf, telephones numbers, transport, clubs & societies, Spanish phrases,lots of info. 193 pages.

It has a website www.pocketpages.info too. Seems rather all over the place at the moment as it's new. EG I put in I wanted to find bars in my urb (as I know what it should come up with) but it listed some in La Marina urb & Almoradi !!

Pick up a book at many places in Algorfa, Almoradi, Benijofar/Urb Benimar, Catral, Dolores, Guardamar, Gran Alacant, La Marina village, Los Montesinos, Rojales, San Fulgencio &  Urb La Marina. If you want to know where I'll post more details but it has many outlets.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 4:21 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Sounds good Morerosado,thanks for the info, will try to pick one up. Love lots of info papers and magazines for the areas.

Thanks again

Trish x

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 4:36 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

If you ask for restaurants on the website in any area, it always comes up with La Marina.

Put in restaurants San Miguel and you get restaurants in La Marina.

Put in restaurants Dona Pepa and you get restaurants in La Marina.

I think I'll wait til the book comes out!!!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 4:44 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Bob, the first issue is out, didn't you read my post ? I've emailed them & they thanked me for my input. It's a massive thing they're doing. We shouldn't knock it as no one else had done it. I've a copy here & it is really good. Plenty of places if you want La Marina though

As I said if anyone wants to know where they can pick a copy up I have more info.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 5:16 PM by desmond Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi

When searching for business on Pocket Pages This is how it works??

e.g. You live in Dolores you search for a electrician in Dolores  all electricians that offer their services in  Dolores will be displayed as well as electricians offering their services for that area as most of the companies listed cover a wide area and provide their products and services outside of the area they are based.

Thus! you look up Restaurants, type in, LA MARINA EL RASO LOS MONTESINOS. AND ANY OF THE OTHER AREAS AND ALL RESTAURANTS COME UP JUST HAPPENS TO BE QUITE A FEW IN LA MARINA , SCROLL DOWN AND YOU WILL SEE MORE RESTAURANTS IN OTHER AREAS.  WHY THERE ARE NO RESTAURANTS IN EL RASO IS THAT NO RESTAURANTS PAID TO ADVERTISE IN POCKET PAGES.

I HOPE THIS CLARIFIES ALL.

ANY OTHER QUERIES PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE

TO CONTACT THE POCKET PAGES TEAM  ON

996 79 52 53 / 660 223 444

THE BOOK IS OUT   POST WHAT AREA YOU LIVE IN AND I WILL TELL YOU WHERE YOU CAN GET ONE

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 5:36 PM by desmond Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

THANKS MOREROOSADO, FOR YOUR SUPPORT,  OUR PLANS ARE TO GROW, WE ARE IN PRODUCTION OF AREA 2 TORREVIEJA TO SAN PEDRO DEL PINATAR THIS WILL BE OUT IN SEP 2007 AND THEN MOVING ONTO MAZZARON AND OTHER AREAS NEXT YEAR, HOPEFULLY WE SHOULD HAVE A 118 NUMBER NEXT YEAR,

WE ARE SO PLEASED WITH OUR ACHIEVEMENT NOT BAD  SINCE WE ONLY WENT LIVE LAST OCTOBER WITH A TEAM OF THREE. NOW FOUR.

WHY NOT TRY OUT LA MARINA RESTAURANTS, AS I AM WRITING THIS I THINKING WHICH ONE TO GO  TONIGHT  AS MY DAUGHTER IS AT A SLEEP OVER, A NIGHT OFF IN THIS 12 WEEK SUMMER HOLIDAY!!!! NOT FAR TO GO HOME AS WE LIVE IN LA MARINA AND OUR OFFICE IS IN LA MARINA

THANKS AGAIN.

CAROLYN SHEDDEN  (DIRECTOR)  POCKET PAGES

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 5:42 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hiya Desmond

Has the book been published on the Costa del Sol by any chance?  We have a place in Estepona and our yellow pages in the apt is in spanish (obviously). The book sounds a great idea, thanks for bringing it to our attention Morerosado,

Jackie

Ah, I'll post this anyway, youve put in another one while ive been typing this one, but i'll still ask the question!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 6:13 PM by desmond Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

HI HOBBY

SEE HERTFORDSHIRE IS LISTED WHER ARE YOU FROM IN HERTFORDSHIRE, WE ARE FROM WATFORD ANY WHERE NEAR.

CAROLYN DESMOND

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 6:15 PM by desmond Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

YES FORGOT TO ANSWER YOUR QUSETION, YES WE PLAN TO GO TO COSTA DEL SOLWITH POCKET PAGES

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 6:25 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi Carolyn/desmond

Thanks for that, any ideas when, not the too distant future I hope!

I know Watford well, we live in St Albans........small world isnt it, how long have you been in spain?

Jackie   (hobby is my hubbys id, Ive hijacked it cos he hardly posts these days  unless he wants info - couldnt see the point of setting up one of my own!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 8:15 PM by desmond Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Jackie

Yes what a small world  my husband was born in St Albans and lived in Waverly road until he move to Watford in 1981 I 

We also know St Albans very well as we used to have a mobile Crepe stall in the High Street out side Marks & Spencer until we sold it in 2003, do not think it is there  any more . We sold as we were starting our search for a property in Spain. We did buy a house in Gran alacant, that went all wrong 3 year delay, we should have been in Spain in 2003 but arrived in Oct 2005 in our new house in La Marina.

How about that , keep in touch nice to know what is going on in Hertfordshire

Kind regards Carolyn Davin Shedden

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 8:27 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I'd be interested to know where I can get a copy of the one you will be producing for the Torrevieja area.  I will be out 26th September, hopefully it will be out by then

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 8:27 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Whoops posted twice

This message was last edited by semijubilada on 7/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 9:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Desmond,

when will edition 2 be out ? As I said I picked up edition 1 whilst over last month in Quesada somewhere. It was at a little cafe tucked away off the main road.

Your edition 1 says it can be picked up in Torrevieja at the Torrevieja Hire Centre.

I looked for Torrevieja Hire Centre in the book & it says  it has a website www.thehirecentre.net so semijubilada can get one there, ok ? It's actually Calle Aviles, Local 5, Lakeside Commercial, San Luis, off the (CV905) Crevillente Road.  Email : thehirecentre@telefonica.net before you go, semijubilada & enquire, perhaps.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 10:59 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Well thanks for that helpful information M R

Maybe I misunderstood the post from Desmond but as it said  it was for Area 2 rather than a second Edition  I thought this was the one I should wait for.

I will try to get to San Luis when I'm next over, it's not somewhere I normally visit but I'm sure it'll be worth the effort.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 3:33 PM by desmond Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

HI ALL

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ENQIRIES RE POCKET PAGES,  JUST TO CLARIFY,

AREA1 EDITION1 WHICH COVERS GRAN ALACANT TO TORREVIEJA  AND SURROUNDING AREAS, THIS IS OUT IN PRINT AND CAN BE OBTAINED IN VARIOUS PLACES PLEASE SEE WEB PAGE FOR DETAILS WWW.POCKETPAGES.INFO  OR CALL ME ON 660 223 444 OR THE OFFICE  966 79 52 53 OR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL POST YOU A BOOK INFO@POCKETPAGES.INFO

WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF WRITING AREA2 EDITION1 WHICH COVERS TORREVIEJA TO SAN PEDRO DEL PINATAR AND SORROUNDING AREAS WHICH GOES TO PRINT AUG TO BE OUT END SEP.

WHAT IS HAPPENING IS THE BOUNDARY CROSSES OVER, THAT IS WHY SOME BUSINESS FUTHER SOUTH ADVERTISE IN THE NORTH,PLUS  TRADES WILL TRAVEL.

PLEASE ANY WHO IS UNABLE TO GET A BOOK PLEASE EMAIL YOUR ADDRESS TO INFO@POCKETPAGES.INFO  I WOULD  BE VERY HAPPY TO POST ONE TO YOU IN ENGLAND OR HERE IN SPAIN.

MANY THANKS CAROLYN SHEDDEN EDITIOR

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 3:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

No semijubila, you are correct. Carolyn did say that the area 2 one (as opposed to the 2nd edition of area 1 which I was asking about ) was for Torrevieja to San Pedro del Pinatar & it will be available Sept.

I just thought if you wanted one & area 2 pocket pages wasn't yet available when you were, the edition I have does say you can pick up a copy at the hire centre so it would be worth you calling in. 

If you're north of Torrevieja there are other places you could pick it up from. I'm going to send you a PM.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 3:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Carolyn, you're sure to be inundated with people wanting you to send them a copy, certainly to the UK so they'll be able to look at more leisure than on their holidays in Spain. in fact I'll keep one in Spain & one in the UK.  

It's a brilliant book. Everyone should have a copy. Hope you'll have more firms/restaurants/bars/services advertising with you. I know you'll go from strength to strength & I, for one, wish you good luck.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 7:51 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Thank you again M R, I'm on the laptop downstairs now later |'ll check upstairs for my latest Emails.

I'm North of Torrevieja in Los Balcones but I do travel around each trip so don't mind if I can get a copy of this book. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New meat for the grinder! - 20 posts
Playa Flamenca - 16 posts
DANCING HORSES RETURN TO LA MARINA, CB, ON 5th AUGUST - 0 posts
Timeshare - 23 posts
Dogs Hunt In Packs For Protection! - 39 posts
car leasing in spain - 22 posts
Where are our rights? - 0 posts
british cars in spain - 3 posts
reregister vehicle - 2 posts
Assignable contracts? - 2 posts
Distressed Cleaning! - 15 posts
lost cousin - 0 posts
Garden furniture table/ chairs loungers etc. - 16 posts
Auntie Em & Kenco - 2 posts
Film Reviews - 48 posts
long term rent - 3 posts
Light fittings - 2 posts
Help with inserting photos - 6 posts
Estate agent fees - 4 posts
legalalising holiday lets - 20 posts
Very short video on driving along the N332 to Alicante airport but funny......... - 6 posts
sea fishing - 13 posts
Almunecar Car-boot Sale - 0 posts
Hi everyone, what a useful site - 4 posts
Sports for kids - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x