FilmOn stops transmitting UK terrestrial channels overseas:

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2013 3:51 PM by I_Love_javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

WTF

Shiny happy people - where?

Like 0      
15 Apr 2013 3:55 PM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

FilmOn stops transmitting UK terrestrial channels overseas:

Have just checked and Filmon is still trtansmitting UK terrestrial channels to overseas

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
15 Apr 2013 4:12 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

Hello satandpc. we talked on the phone but you couldn't come down to San Pedro (you might remember)  A sattelite firm have offered to put in a 1.9 metre dish in my garden to access freesat channels (UK). Would a dish this size have any problems receiving from the new sattelite or should I wait unti September ?

Thanks

Like 0      
15 Apr 2013 4:23 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hello satandpc. we talked on the phone but you couldn't come down to San Pedro (you might remember) A sattelite firm have offered to put in a 1.9 metre dish in my garden to access freesat channels (UK). Would a dish this size have any problems receiving from the new sattelite or should I wait unti September ?

Thanks

If it's any help have a look at a website run by MRSKYTV, i haven't used them but heard good reports from those that have, plenty of good info on the site, nothing to lose by looking before you commit.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2013 6:13 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Would a dish this size have any problems receiving from the new sattelite or should I wait unti September ?

Like I said in my earlier post, no-one can be 100% certain what will be required and anyone who says they know is only guessing and speculating. It is a bit difficult in trying to know exactly how a satellite will perform or what sized dish you will need to receive it  in a "fringe" reception area months before it is launched tested and positioned. Even the "official" signal maps do not show ANY data for reception levels in Spain - although this does not mean signals will not be available in Spain - just the maps show no data for Spain.  So although the second satellite is the same make and model as the first satellite, we can use the first satellite as an educated guess for the seconds satellites reception, however the second satellites reflectors, and thus signal footprint, will not be 100% exactly the same as the first satellite. Even the smallest change to its reflectors can result in a dramatic change in the footprint. So the seconds satellite may have worse, the same or better reception, no-one wil know for sure until it is transmitting.

So with that information, it really is up to you as to what you do......

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 9:57 AM by nickyboy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Filmon works great using the Ipad App,  take a lead out of the dock to HDMI converter (available from Apple) and plug your HDMI cable into your TV and new converter, Job Done. Torremolinos Costa Del Sol.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Security - 2 posts
cotaluz lawyers - 0 posts
New! Law 57/68 and Huma-Banco Popular. Case won by CostaLuz - 3 posts
Paying IBI a year late - 12 posts
Pets - 0 posts
Energy Performance Certificates come to Spain - 327 posts
Energy Performance Certificates come to Spain - 7 posts
Protest in Malaga Airport - 3 posts
Justice for Chris Huhne and his ex wife - 18 posts
Watching Formula 1 - 2013 in Spain - 0 posts
boat hire san javier - 0 posts
health care in Spain - 0 posts
Palmera Properties and Mirador - 2 posts
Outside terrace - 8 posts
NORMANSANDS - 11 posts
Bromley to Almoradi - 0 posts
linux or windows in state schools in andalucia - 12 posts
linux or windows in state schools in andalucia - 0 posts
Tax Defaulters Register. - 0 posts
Judge Sentencing - 1 posts
Kayak course - 0 posts
SPAIN CRIME WORSENS AND IS LOSING MONEY AND RESPECT. - 27 posts
Summer is almost here - 2 posts
Long term rental/housesitting/caretaking. - 0 posts
satalite dish - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x