Algorfa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jul 2007 2:58 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

What you talkin 'bout Georgia?

I thought Quesada and all that  were up towards Alicante??? So it's closer to us than Ikea??

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 3:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It's near my place, Gina.

Good excuse for you & Annie popping up to visit me.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 3:16 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hiya Georgia,

That's what i meant, up thataway, which would take longer to get to than inland Ikea and Neuva?? You know what estate agents are like with directions at the best of times......... Just wondered if it was going to be quicker for us to get there or quicker for us to get to Ikea/neuva?? Am I on the same page now???

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 3:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Gina, it'll be kinda around the exit 743 or 745 off AP7 motorway. (Won't it, Georgia ?) 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 3:34 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks More...

I don't know why I confuse myself.  Looks as if it is a lot further away from us than Neuva/Ikea then? That is all i want to know.How long would it take opposed to how long to drive to Neuva?

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 3:41 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

That's it guys,if you look at the junc 745 then it will be approx where the bottom of the 7 is,just to the right of the tree.

Disclaimer;

(This is an estimated plan and in no way is the agents description to be later taken as red when it turns out to be down the road a little bit or further to the left,at no point will the agent expect to be shouted at or called a lemon when the free  bus does not actually pick you up from your door(as previously stated)( or wait untill you have done your make up before it leaves)

Sorry candyfloss,it may be quicker for you to get to the Murcia Mall,it takes me about 40 mins to get to Ikea at the minute so this location will knock about 35 mins off my journey and hopefully increase the house prices in the area,incedentely where i bought(thanks must go to Jose at the town hall for the tip off)

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 3:44 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

17 Jul 2007 3:50 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

WOW!,Do you have her phone number?

if they all look like that in the bucket i am gonna stop worrying about how to get them out and concentrate on getting in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
21 Dec 2007 12:34 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

If anyone is in Algorfa for christmas there is a party going on Boxing day evening.

This is basically for the british community to say thank you to our Spanish friends for sharing their beutiful country and traditions with us.

All the Brits have been asked to take a plate of tradtional christmas fayre(cold christmas buffet) for the Spanish to sample our traditions.

TKO Radio station are covering the event and there is also an ABBA tribute band playing,70's fancy dress is optional but there are prizes for the best dressed.

(oh my god,the spanish are going to think this is normal and we are all stuck in the 70's and listen to ABBA all day!!!!!)

€5 will reserve your seat and it will be set in a big marquee near the football pitches and the fontana apartments.

If you are in the area it is worth a visit and a great example of how its nice to give something back to our hosts.

Merry xmas to all and a happy new year.

No work now untill the 7th jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 10:46 AM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

hi to georgia/candyfloss and morerosado all superstars  in my opinion i 'm asking for your advice as we are coming to your neck of the woods this year---la finca golf algorfa and my husband is a course fisherman,do you no of anywhere he could fish  such as rivers lakes anywhere in the area he could get lost for hours sorry that was a slip of my finger,anyway im sure you three will come up with something, i've been reading your posts for months now and your all good fun. kind regards to you all.srp

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 1:40 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi srp,

for the appreciation.

Can't help on the fishing but lots of water sport clubs by us. I'm sure there will be one of them that knows. Georgia seems to be the oracle of all knowledge on things like that.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 1:45 PM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

thank you candyfloss for your quick reply lets hope other fishermen read this and send me some places for him indoors to fish.srp.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 3:09 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

I have full info on fishing in this part of  Spain

Please get in touch and I can send you a word document.....he can fish everyday!!!! 

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 4:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

srp

As you know I'm never far away from the forum though I have been languishing in bed coughing (worse than before) since yesterday afternoon. Glad we picked up more tickly cough linctus.  Glad you think so highly of me.

We have friends in Benimar 1 whose husband goes fishing on the Segura. He told my OH, who is a keen fisherman too, about the carp in there. OH hasn't been himself so directions are "just wander along the Segura" (typical male answer).

I've also answered you in your thread any course fishermen out there

I'll send you a PM, Brian as I know my OH will be interested in it.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/20/2008.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 9:55 PM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

hi morerosado,thank you for your help i new you would come up with the right information if you get anything else of interest would you be kind enough to pass it on.best wishes,srp

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 9:04 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi srp,

Thanks for the compliment,we do try!!!.

If your husband gets his fishing licence then he can fish the Segura as much as he likes,i am not a keen angler myself but i have friends that go every week.

Their favourite spot is on the Segura in Rojales and they seem to do quite well,i think they have also been up to the lakes in Hondon on a sunday,everyone raves about that so it must be good.

I dont think your Hubby will have any problems finding somewhere to indulge his passion.

More-sorry to hear you are poorly again,everyone seems to have the lurgy here as well,get well soon.

Candyfloss-Oracle eh??!!! do you think i could get away with that on my business cards?!!

Georgia

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 5:00 PM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

hi georgia thank you for your great coments its all filed away till may when we will go and have a look at  them, if you get anymore info please let me no,thank you again,srp

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 9:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

FROM

Algorfa's Zoco Market Is Here To Stay!

Numerous traders of a thriving local market gathered last weekend, in an effort to allay vicious rumours that their days on the site may soon be numbered.

The ‘Zoco’Sunday Market, near Montesinos, has provided a popular trading outlet for local businesses for many years.  It is home to professional traders of all nationalities, who offer a variety of services and high quality products at unbeatable prices.   These include Pinada Blinds, British Bedding, New 2 You and George Thompson’s Factory Outlet Store to name but a few.  Extending a welcome pressure-free approach, Zoco has become an institution, and developed a reputation as one of the friendliest marketplaces in the area. 

However, spirits have been significantly dampened recently, amid malicious rumours that it may face closure, due to the construction of a commercial centre on the site.  The propaganda allegedly originated from one of the market’s competitors, whose intension, it seems, is to ‘poach’ both traders and punters from the established opposition.  The said market recently expanded its provision, now hosting several positions which are available to let.  Therefore the threat of closure at Zoco is being offered as a cunning marketing tool to attract new commerce.  The Round Town News has also heard reports from residents, that news of Zoco’s closure has even been announced over the tannoy on several occasions during the recent weeks! 

Naturally the Management and loyal business owners of Zoco market are extremely concerned at these reports and afraid that the rumours will begin to affect trade if allowed to diffuse. 

George Thompson established his factory outlet store in Guardamar nine years ago, delivering a multitude of British necessities to residents of the Costa Blanca.  He extended the provision with a stall at Zoco in 2001, and during which time has become a prominent feature of the market.  George announced, “Clients have been devastated to learn that the market may be closing, and without cause, as there is not an ounce of truth in the rumour.” 

Gordon Boyne of Pinada Blinds, in Formentera, said that the market forms a fundamental element of their business, and provides an outlet to display a range of products to the public.  He would like to thank their clients for their continued support, and reassure them that their position within the market will continue for a long time into the future. 

Trevor of the illustrious used quality furniture store, New 2 You, in Mar Azul, emphasised the urgency of the situation.  He revealed that two clients had approached him during the morning, to say how sorry they were to hear that their favourite market would be no more in two weeks time. 

The owner of the marketplace, Antonio Garcia Rodriguez was also extremely anxious that unassuming clients had been given false information about the market. Having spent six years working for the Local Police department and more recently as Treasurer for Almoradí Council, he is a respected figure of the community, with regular access to local development plans.  He verified that planning permission has been granted by Algorfa Town Hall for construction of an Eroski Supermarket in Mentebello II.  Further petitions are also being considered for a ‘Carrefour’ in Dolores and ‘Mercadona’ in Algorfa and an additional proposal has been submitted to the Valencian Government, for the siting of a multi-million euro shopping mall on the land which lies adjacent to the market place.  However, its construction has yet to be approved in Parliament. 

Conversely, the market has been a stable entity within the area for several years, and unlike many sites is legally registered for the purpose with the relevant department of Algorfa Town Hall. 

Antonio was proud to announce that not only would the market remain in its current position for the foreseeable future, but that he had recently secured a contract to provide additional parking facilities.  He concluded by saying that, “It is unjust that fictitious propaganda should be threatening the livelihood of so many honest businesses, which are here trading in good faith.”  In essence Zoco market it is a fantastic market, providing a valuable service to the local community, and contrary to the hot gossip of the moment, is well and truly here to stay!

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 10:15 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

I hope that will happen it is a brilliant market I love going their especially as it is on a Sunday.   Thanks for that More I should be reading these newspapers and local news. Making a note must start doing that.    Pat

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 10:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Our Campo de Guardamar market is Sunday too, Pat. We walk to it. If you haven't been, you should. Better than Zoco, I think.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New features coming.... - 54 posts
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - 12 posts
just signed up - 7 posts
Out of pocket expenses for President - 11 posts
Marie Castro.....Baby? - 29 posts
Looking to rent 1month and 2 weeks - 5 posts
Has Any One Been To The Capanes del Golf Site Recently - 4 posts
New PGOU Marbella - 6 posts
astronomy in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Easyjet problems - 11 posts
A question about IVA for an estate agent - 12 posts
Rental needed with adsl - 5 posts
Spa Valley - 3 posts
City of Murcia - 4 posts
Taking a fridge from UK to Spain - 9 posts
flights for sale Doncaster Alicante + visa versa - 1 posts
restaurants near almoradi - 24 posts
Janet - 1 posts
Last 20 General Forum Posts - 0 posts
Commercial/Shopping Centre planned for Algorfa - 0 posts
How does the pm system work? - 30 posts
Spanish property scandal petition - 1 posts
computer video link - 2 posts
Names of Retailers of Musical Instruments, Amplification, Speakers etc - 6 posts
Sally Morgan masquerading as Inez, I mean Rixxy, I mean Inez !?!?! - 71 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 83

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x