Out of pocket expenses for President

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Brico Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

It seems only fair to me that if the President has to drive to see the Administrator or visit a supplier or make phone calls or photocopy stuff then he should be repaid expenses.

Or am I wrong?  What sort of expenses do Presidents get?  Is there any set figures?

Like 0      
09 Jul 2007 10:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Roberto, a member of EOS is a President also Karensun is a President's wife so do a search if they don't answer & send them a private message,  Brico.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 10:23 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Of course it is only right that a Presidente should be able to recoup expenses.........................God knows, the whole thing can be a trial without having to pay for the experience!!

The figure can be decided at the AGM of your Community if owners. It would be unwise not to put a ceiling on the amount paid for expense for two main reasons, 1. not all people are honest and 2. if an amount has been agreed then no one can complain that the Presidente is using moneies without permission.

Of course it may not be necessary for the Presidente to spend all the amount allocated and he/she MUST provide reciepts for eveything claimed.

As with all monitary issues it is wise to cover yourself ( the Presidente ) so that there can be no suggestion of any foul play.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

How far and how often do you have to drive to see your administrator? Maybe you need to get one nearer to home, or maybe you need to get him to come to you. Remember, he's already getting paid - you, unfortunately, are not! One of my biggest headaches as president is getting the damned administrator to do his job. It's bad enough having to keep on top of the cleaner and gardener, without having to ask the administrator several times to do everything. Fortunately for me, the admin office is only a five minute walk away, but I get fed up going there to check if some phone call has been made or letter sent.

I get receipts for all expenses incurred, and occasionally claim a token amount for calls from my mobile, for which I don't have an itemised bill. As long as these a kept within reason, nobody is likely to challenge them (a couple of euros a month or so), and if they do, you know what answer they'll get? Next year, your turn! That'll soon shut 'em up.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 11:17 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

we took the decision at last years agm that our president could reclaim his community fees as expenses in return for the work that  a presidente has to do. From our research there are very few days go by when the presidente isnt either on the phone, calling in or meeting the administrators, suppliers, gardeners, cleaners etc etc etc.

Our system operates that the presidente must still pay his community fees quarterly like all residents, but can reclaim them as expenses the following day.

For our community we felt that giving the presidente "free Living" in return for his work was a dual sided agreement, he knew he was being reimbursed to do the work so got on and did it, knowing that if he didnt he wouldnt be in the job for very long.

hope this helps

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 10:23 AM by Ian Phillips Star rating in Riviera del Sol. 3 posts Send private message

Hello,

I'm president of a community in Riviera del Sol with over 100 properties.  I'm not in favour of paying expenses to the President other than clearly accountable ones (this excludes travelling to the administrator). Once you accept a payment such as reimbursement of fees you essentially become an employee of the community, albeit a poorly paid one, and as such the community has a reasonable right to make demands upon you. There is also more opportunity for abuse of the system. There is a widespread belief anyway that Presidents get backhanders from administrators or contractors without encouraging that view.

Ian Phillips

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 5:43 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"For our community we felt that giving the presidente "free Living" in return for his work was a dual sided agreement, he knew he was being reimbursed to do the work so got on and did it, knowing that if he didnt he wouldnt be in the job for very long."

The suggestion here is clearly that someone actually wants to do the job!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 5:49 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Ian C: "For our community we felt that giving the presidente "free Living" in return for his work was a dual sided agreement, he knew he was being reimbursed to do the work so got on and did it, knowing that if he didnt he wouldnt be in the job for very long."

The suggestion here is clearly that someone actually wants to do the job!

Ian P: "Once you accept a payment such as reimbursement of fees you essentially become an employee of the community, albeit a poorly paid one, and as such the community has a reasonable right to make demands upon you."

Speaking as a president also, I can vouch that the community makes enough demands on you already, without getting paid! I can see that offering an incentive for someone to take on the role may seem like a good idea, but personally I'm not sure how wise that may be. Interesting thread though!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 3:07 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

According to the book of words, a community can opt to pay the Presidente a wage, but, as the wife of a Presidente, I do not like that idea. Already, as has already been said, the Presidente is at the communities beck and call....Lord knows how it would be if he was accepting a wage..................tho come to think of it perhaps he could work a 40 hour week ????

I do feel that the Presidente's expense should be paid by the community, including travelling to the administrators and any where else which is on community business. I cannot for the life of me see why we, as a family, should have to bear the costs because my hubby is the Presidente..............................he is already giving freely of his own time, which means I also have to ( usually reluctently ) without having to pay for the 'honour'.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 7:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"come to think of it perhaps he could work a 40 hour week ????"

Mr.Karensun can fit it all into just 40 hours? Boy, he must be good! I presume you meant he could work just a 40 hr week?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 3:01 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Yes Roberto I'm sure that's what I meant.............sometimes my fingers just get carried away and forget to liaise with my brain!  And yes, he is good.......................if only cos he puts up with the community AND me...................don't tell him I said that!!                            

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 3:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I understood you, Karen.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Marie Castro.....Baby? - 29 posts
Looking to rent 1month and 2 weeks - 5 posts
Has Any One Been To The Capanes del Golf Site Recently - 4 posts
New PGOU Marbella - 6 posts
astronomy in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Easyjet problems - 11 posts
A question about IVA for an estate agent - 12 posts
Rental needed with adsl - 5 posts
Spa Valley - 3 posts
City of Murcia - 4 posts
Taking a fridge from UK to Spain - 9 posts
flights for sale Doncaster Alicante + visa versa - 1 posts
restaurants near almoradi - 24 posts
Janet - 1 posts
Last 20 General Forum Posts - 0 posts
Commercial/Shopping Centre planned for Algorfa - 0 posts
How does the pm system work? - 30 posts
Spanish property scandal petition - 1 posts
computer video link - 2 posts
Names of Retailers of Musical Instruments, Amplification, Speakers etc - 6 posts
Sally Morgan masquerading as Inez, I mean Rixxy, I mean Inez !?!?! - 71 posts
Pasta Cafe - Nueva Andalucia - 4 posts
Great introduction to the website, Justin! - 0 posts
schools around cabo roig,? - 17 posts
I have uploaded some photo's of Aloe - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x