restaurants near almoradi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by evanwatson Star rating in lancasire. 6 posts Send private message

can anyone suggest a good restaurant in or around almoradi.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2007 10:25 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

Depends what you want  to eat and what you want to pay! If you have a look on the La Marina forum- just put this in as a google search there is a thread on there with a map and suggestionsfor Almoradi and surrounding areas.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2007 8:42 PM by evanwatson Star rating in lancasire. 6 posts Send private message

Yeh ,thanks for that ,will take a look. Been down to La Marina a few times the beachfront restaurant is excellent which is why I supose it is always busy. We go down to Guadamar a bit as well but they are both a drag back to Almoradi afterwards.

I was hoping that there was some where closer by that we just hadnt found yet, any way thanks again.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 10:12 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

Look under the Almoradi thread on the La Marina forum as it has most of the restaurants in Almoradi.We are in Algorfa so just up the road to you.There are some nice places in our village depending on what you want to eat.It's nice to be able to eat locally and not have to drive!

Sue

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 11:28 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Evan, I sent you a PM with the link to the LAM site as it's not permitted on posts. Didn't you receive it ? I sent it before Susan posted her first post.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 1:56 PM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

Not sure if you got my PM as there may be a problem.I did have a bit of a problem getting onto the La Marina forum at one time so it may be that you have picked up a different one.Let me know if you find it and if you try any of the places I would love to know if you enjoyed them.

There is a new restaurant in Algorfa called the Vestry ( was the Ermita and the sign directing you to it may still say this)If you come from Almoradi and go straight across the traffic lights it is on about the 4th turning on the right.I am told that the new owners have improved the menu and a frind has tried it and said it was good I will definately try it next week when I am out.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 2:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Susan,

I think Ewan may be having trouble with his PM's. As I said I had sent him a PM with the link to the LAM forum as I'm a member there, but he didn't get it. I then posted on here that I'd sent him one & he PM'd me to let me know he'd not had one. I got that & sent him details but he mustn't have got that one either as I asked him to let me know & he hasn't. Oh dear. At least I thought to make a copy.

Sounds like you're like us, enjoying trying new restaurants & recommendations are always good to hear of, aren't they ? Wonder if you've been on Guardamar seafront where the prom is ? There's a lot of great eateries overlooking beach along there. One has a great MDD @only 5.90 €. It's called La Playa & is the last cafe towards LAM end of beach. Their food was much better than some along there that we've eaten at over two years. Great people who speak excellent English & they do lots of fish dishes including platters with selections of fish. Very cheap.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 3:09 PM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

Rosemary,

What end of the prom is it? we always seem to park down the Marina end ( not at the marina but that end of the prom if you see what I mean ...I haven't had a drink yet today!) is it one of the last ones there? Going this time of year it always seems a problem with parking do you know of the best places that don't involve a long trek down to the beach?

Sue

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 3:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sue ..... " It's called La Playa & is the last cafe towards LAM end of beach" otherwise all I can say is I think it was near Sofia Gardens, which, BTW, now has water in the lake.

Guardamar is a maze to me still. There's a   l - o - n - g   promenade with railings along edge as beach is much lower than prom & there's loads of eateries overlooking beach. Walk towards La Marina end, ie north, & La Playa is the last cafe where the promenade peters out but beach continues.

Regarding parking, we tend to park in one of the roads leading down to the beach between apartments & have the devil's job trying to do a 23 point turn to turn to get back out.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2009 1:21 PM by 2frank Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I have just found a fantastic restaurant  in almoradi

i thought it was spanish but i found out that a british couple own it.

it's called dj's named after their children.

its about 2 mins walk from the church square.

at the side of the restaurant is a games  play centre for the kiddies but my wife and i had a game of table tennis, we asked what food they do after a long list of spanish food, we were given the british list. We had a 3 course meal for less than 9 euros each, drinks and coffee included.

the amount of food you get is enormous, and the quality is fantastic. i couldnt even look at the dessert but after a few games of pool the lady made me sit down and eat my ice cream like a good boy.

Try it out you will be suprised how much you like it.

let me know what you think of the place, my family are visiting at easter and we know we will be there with the grandchildren. they have even got a burger bar like mc donalds

Like 0      
07 Apr 2009 2:27 PM by Pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

Pickles´s avatar

Hi

Cant place the restaurant if your looking at the church can you direct me

im going back to almoradi on saturday

cheers tricia

Like 0      
07 Apr 2009 2:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

2frank

We love Almoradi & are always keen to know where good restaurants are so please could you say exactly where this is, also the day it's likely to be closed ? Is their MDD served on a Saturday, do you happen to know ? I know many don't serve a MDD on a Saturday but many do & Saturday's the market day which is when we always go.

Thanks.

Edited to say I posted at the same time as Tricia but the post was delayed due to me posting the graphics.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/7/2009.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2009 6:41 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi 2frank l like Tricia and More,l would like to know where it is and when the MDD is served. As l will be out in 2 weeks.Pat

Like 0      
10 Apr 2009 11:02 PM by 2frank Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi just to update you    dj's is 100 mtrs from the plazza    stand in the centre with your back to the church entrance and walk 100 m down calle san emigdio the town hall is the 1st thing you pass then a pathway with a few bars . pass them continue across the road and you will see the yellow sign on your left. you will  pass a video shop on your left continue... all of this is only 2 minutes....

If you go by car from dolores area drive into almoradi pass the tien 21 slow down pass servi pizza then take a right.   calle rafael alberti  2 nd right is calle cervantes  drive to the corner and park or turn right onto san jose .

hope this helps

Like 0      
11 Apr 2009 10:09 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi again 2frank

So that'd take us past cafe Vienna then ? Ok, thanks a lot, we shall go investigate next month.

I asked in my previous post 'Is their MDD served on a Saturday, do you happen to know ? I know many don't serve a MDD on a Saturday but many do & Saturday's the market day which is when we always go.'

Do you know please ?

Like 0      
17 Apr 2009 1:50 PM by lacydog Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Just thought i would share our DJ experience after reading about the place on here we went with our 7 year old last Friday

She absolutley loved every minute of the place so much so we left very late trying to drag her through the doorway.  We had snacks (which were very yummy) played pool and darts and had a good long chat with the owners who were very helpful and friendly All the while our normally bored easily child was entertained with bouncy castle, table tennis etc.. .  They plan to change the attractions for the kids on a regular basis which sounds great as i know by experience kids become really bored going to the same place all the time with same games and play areas.

Needless to say my daughter cannot wait to return

Would certainly reccommend

Like 0      
12 May 2009 3:23 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

l can recommend the San Remo restaurant in Almoradi, after having a lovely meal there.We went with Karen ( karensun) and Peter. We had 4 main meals ( 2 T Bone steaks 1 pork and 1 chicken ) and  home made deserts a botle of house wine  red (very smooth) 2 large beers for about 72 euros..The Meals were cooked to perfection. Excellent meals and company. Pat. 

Like 0      
12 May 2009 10:00 PM by dyfan Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Well can I suggest "Cafe Cariad" in Almoradi, which does an amazing 3 Course Sunday lunch for 9euros, home made soup which is delicious, egg mayonaisse etc, choice of meats, and their home made bread and butter pudding and others is to die for. They also have a mdd on certain days and specials on Saturday (market day) Well worth a visit.

Ann

Like 0      
13 May 2009 3:24 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Ann that sounds good, is it by the square.Pat.

Like 0      
13 May 2009 4:50 PM by Duke Star rating in We are in Stoke-on-T.... 10 posts Send private message

Hiya All,

Always interesting to read about peoples recommendations for eating out however im going to show my ignorance now what does "mdd " mean, please help , confused of Stoke/Almoradi

Steve

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Janet - 1 posts
Last 20 General Forum Posts - 0 posts
Commercial/Shopping Centre planned for Algorfa - 0 posts
How does the pm system work? - 30 posts
Spanish property scandal petition - 1 posts
computer video link - 2 posts
Names of Retailers of Musical Instruments, Amplification, Speakers etc - 6 posts
Sally Morgan masquerading as Inez, I mean Rixxy, I mean Inez !?!?! - 71 posts
Pasta Cafe - Nueva Andalucia - 4 posts
Great introduction to the website, Justin! - 0 posts
schools around cabo roig,? - 17 posts
I have uploaded some photo's of Aloe - 8 posts
La Torre Polaris World restaurants - 8 posts
Benalmadena Restaurants - 5 posts
Completition Date at Alandlus Thalassa - 4 posts
Webcam - 2 posts
Trust Issues - 15 posts
I still need to buy a shower screen - 1 posts
Arrivng In Malaga Airport - 0 posts
BLACK MONEY PROBLEMS - 84 posts
official shop holidays - 10 posts
Urbanisation - 30 posts
Long Term rental Salobrena area Costa Tropical - 2 posts
Spanish August Holiday - 5 posts
Hello Can you help? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x