A Record to be proud of..

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Dec 2012 6:34 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Year after year I see how generous and caring the Spanish people are by nature and the charity gala on television a couple of days ago, "Inocente Inocente" was once again proof of how the people come together to help one and other. While Spain is admist its worst economic crisis the programme managed to raise a record 1,3 million euros for children in need. It was heartbreaking to see how children phoned up the programme to donate 10 euros they had taken from their piggy bank to help other children who were on the brink of poverty and how people who literally had hardly anything at home still considered themselves better off than those who were being televised. "At least we have a family" / "At least we have a plate of food on the table" / were some of the comments. The fund raising is still going on and the number increasing. This happens every year and the Spanish are well known for their donations, amongst the highest in Europe, but this year with everything that has been going on, it felt all the more special to see how people from all walks of life, wealthy and poor and above all children chipped in even if it was just 1 euro.

I take my hat off to them.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2012 9:53 PM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

HEAR HEAR.

Very worthy people. They don't deserve their current predicament

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Non Resident Taxes HELP/ADVICE NEEDED - 13 posts
Prescriptions can anyone help - 2 posts
Wanted 3-6 month Rental Property - 1 posts
Costructing my European identity further - 1 posts
Spanish House exchange - 5 posts
What happened to the ICP? - 8 posts
Help for a non-EU citizen wanting to spend time in Spain - 0 posts
How much reduction is it customary to ask for on asking price - 28 posts
Robin-Hood-Style Politics -Tax the Rich to feed the Poor - 18 posts
Electricity in Spain, does anyone understand it? - 86 posts
Too late for an accomodation in Madrid for New Eve? - 2 posts
this ought to cheer everyone up - 1 posts
Brummie who moved to Oz seeks renewed contact - 0 posts
Newbie here :) - 1 posts
Long Term Parking at Malaga Airport - 0 posts
Septic tank on old property, what to do - 4 posts
Merry Christmas - 0 posts
Remote controlled cars - 2 posts
Some Help please - 7 posts
Great Spanish Crash - 2 posts
Advice on taking a dog to Spain on a plane??? - 6 posts
Hi :) Alpacas in Spain - 2 posts
Hoja de reclamaciones - 10 posts
NEW CHAPTER FOR 2014 - 8 posts
If you want to make a difference and stop the injustice - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x