Any advice please.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Nov 2012 9:38 AM by alaska Star rating in Herts/Almeria. 15 posts Send private message

Hi,

We finally completed on our property after a lot of messing around, and obtained our escritura in April as our villa had been finished for over 4 yearsand there were rumours that our builder was going under.  However we now have a big problem in trying to obtain the Licence of First Occupation.

It appears the architecht will not speak to the builder (or any one else for that matter) as he is owed money. Is it true that he is the only one who can sign our villa off?

We are desperate to get on mains water but cannot do so without the LOFO and the builders supply has been cut off completely in the September floods.

Any advice in getting this LOFO any other way is greatly appreciated.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2012 10:20 AM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Can you establish whether there are actually any architects fees outstanding from the builder?  I'd try speaking to the architect. Have you contacted the town hall to ask them - they are the ones who ultimately give the licence. Tell them that you cannot get the water connected until you have it.  It seems strange though that it is considered that a house is habitable without water....

Like 0      
26 Nov 2012 11:16 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi There

Here is some more information for you from a Spanish Legal Website as well as questions and answers below the Article mentioned in my link.

http://belegal.com/articles/showArticle/lfo-licence-of-first-occupation

Good luck

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
26 Nov 2012 11:54 AM by alaska Star rating in Herts/Almeria. 15 posts Send private message

Thanks for both replies, the article makes interesting reading, but ultimately the architecht needs to sign the property off so we are still at stalemate, thanks anyway.

Thats a good website by the way, hadnt heard of it before.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2012 2:58 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Welcome to the club-here on Camposol NO-ONE  (0n houses  built by the main developer) has LOFO !after 12 years. we do however have mains electricity and water.

This message was last edited by camposol on 26/11/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community Fees and Debt Recovery Problems - 20 posts
UK DL to Spanish - 16 posts
Real Estate Leads - 0 posts
Grupo 90 - Vacaciones en el infierno - 5 posts
jazztel - 5 posts
Holiday companies - 6 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd....v.3 - 4 posts
From the USA, want to buy a car in Spain - 3 posts
What's easiest? Taking my uk RHD to Spain, taking a LHD to Spain on UK plates or buying a LHD in Spain? Help - 4 posts
Why was Spain First Choice & any Oversights/Regrets ??? - 18 posts
Astra 2 F change over tests - 16 posts
TIPS ON BUYING A PROPERTY IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Looking for Lawyers on the Costa del Sol... - 2 posts
hi , matthew here - 2 posts
Record low interest rates - 0 posts
solicitors charges when selling a property. - 7 posts
I need to take my bike licence - 2 posts
One way car hire fees - 0 posts
Cancelling Insurances - Assurance - 7 posts
Form 210 - 1 posts
Some would rather go to prison than face life :) - 1 posts
NEW REGULATIONS re CASH, TAX ON OVERSEAS ASSETTS and automatic Residencia and - 6 posts
New years eve in Duquesa or Sabinillas - 0 posts
You Know when you are getting Old!!! When - 0 posts
Roxanna - sexy spanish music - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x