Should it be illegal to film or photograph police officers?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Oct 2012 6:33 PM by MANXMONKEY Star rating in Channel Islands. 81 posts Send private message

MANXMONKEY´s avatar

llegaralasestrellas

I know a couple of MHKs's actually, one is a complete waste of time and actually sent me a standard letter in reply to a personal correspondence and then said, "Oh I'm so stressed...." so I won't bother her. The other one is actually very hard working ( Mike Nattrass) but is in the UK Independence Party and supposed to be anti-EU yet he does work hard to try to work legislation in the UK's favour. I don't know whether he would see more legislation of any type something he'd like but I'll drop him an email now.Let's face it any law in Spain or Hungary etc. is soon taken up in the UK for "compliance" by the wet fools in the House of Commons.   I'll let you know what he says, maybe if there's a Spanish MEP you could email as well? 

This message was last edited by MANXMONKEY on 20/10/2012.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2012 11:35 PM by llegaralasestrellas Star rating in United Kingdom (BHX .... 58 posts Send private message

llegaralasestrellas´s avatar

Manxmonkey:

I'm in dear old England, in the NW constiuency, so I'd be at this end too. I can spare a letter to MEP and perhaps bring it up at a few political conferences, but I probabaly can't devote much time. For all my sins, I'm in the NW England parliamentary constiuency, and my MEPs are the following awesome characters.

Paul Nutall (UKIP)

Nick Griffin (BNP)

Robert Atkins (Tory)

Jacqueline Foster (Tory)

Chris Davies (Lib. Dem)

Brian Simpson (Lab)

Arlene McCarthy (Lab)

McCarthy, Simpson and Davies,  I do actually have some respect for, but the rest are a long sad procession of fear-mongers and ostriches. yay!!!

Like 0      
21 Oct 2012 6:02 AM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

What's to stop losers with a grudge against public servants following them around, filming their everymove? Would this be ok

There's certainly nothing stopping a government who views "plebs" with contempt from installing more CCTV cameras than anywhere else in the world and filming innocent people going about their daily lives, is there? As for teachers, there are more than 100,000 (yes, one hundred thousand!) cameras installed now in UK schools, including in changing rooms and toilets!

www.telegraph.co.uk/education/9535931/More-than-200-schools-have-CCTV-in-toilets-and-changing-rooms.html

Unbelievable, but sadly, true.

Like 0      
21 Oct 2012 12:16 PM by jimmi Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I have never had any problems with CCTV in our cities. The reason they exist is to reduce crime and detect offenders. It is an absolute fact that CCTV images have helped to convict countless violent offenders, murderers and rapists. It is also without question that these images have helped prevent crime and disorder before it happens or esculates. If we didn't have such high levels of crime wouldn't need them! Would peope rather we got rid of all our CCTV? Great idea, now, watch the detection rates plummet!

Like 0      
21 Oct 2012 12:26 PM by MANXMONKEY Star rating in Channel Islands. 81 posts Send private message

MANXMONKEY´s avatar

llegaralasestrellas

I'd try Paul Nuttall.  I know he was lobbying to remove the M6 Toll and I saw him on one of the Sunday morning political shows and he sounded quite sensible.  It was about the cost of Interpreters in the EU to UK tax payers.  They now want some weird german dialect interpreted even though the only EU member from that area has said she doesn't want interpreters!  He was suggesting that he was happy not to have an interpreter but he hoped everyone else wouldn't call for 200 different interpreters so the other members could understand his Lancashire accent - he was quite funny.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cockroaches! Thank God they've gone! - 31 posts
Spain cracking down on prostitution! - 22 posts
Advice on Solicitors - Cash Purchase - 14 posts
Now thats a good idea - 0 posts
Wanted: Wendy house or similar for children's Christmas present - 0 posts
Tarmacking or concreting a track - 8 posts
heating - 14 posts
newbie - 1 posts
Freelance work in my spare time whilst employed. - 5 posts
Badminton courts - 0 posts
Cravendale Milk - 3 posts
need some advice - 2 posts
To Mortgage or Not to Mortgage - 29 posts
HELP ringing a Spanish mobile - 3 posts
balay appliance engineer - 0 posts
setting up a uk company - 5 posts
Travel insurance for the elderly - 2 posts
Good home study/self study courses - 8 posts
Not available to Spain! - 4 posts
My Little Sat-Nav - 0 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd.... - 6 posts
calibration confusion - 0 posts
The Best & Worst of Spain - 47 posts
Furniture pack/furnishings required soon - 1 posts
Dublin - Murcia - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x