dire situation in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2012 9:20 AM by spain108 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

My neighbour who lives in Marbella, returned briefly and told me the situation for expats is getting worse in terms of

higher iindirect  taxes and an increase in causal crime.....he has been broken into twice in last six months......

Like 0      
01 Oct 2012 9:55 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Having 30 years experience of criminal investigation in UK and now having worked with the National Police for 15 years I can assure everyone that the crime level in Spain now is nowhere near what in was in UK in 1988 when I left there.  The situtation is NOT dire in Spain, thats why I chose to live here.

Also, although of course pick-pocketing is an everyday event here, just like everywhere in the world,  one is not beaten-up,  and if one takes sufficient precautions you are unlikely to be a victim.  Being careless and unguarded, in crowded places,  contributes  to one being a victim.

Of course if you are the victim it is one crime too many.   

Also, it is well known fact that if a property has been broken into once and property stolen, it is more likely to be broken into again.   Why? Because the thieves feel they know the property, how to get in and they were lucky the last time.   So if you do have a break-in, it would be wise to increase the protection level.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 01/10/2012.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2012 10:05 AM by spain108 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

What about this fear of higer direct and indirect taxes....is it justified  ?  johnzx.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2012 11:24 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Marbella always known as the centre of the Costa del Crime; I doubt its any worse now than it was in the early days.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
01 Oct 2012 1:29 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

What about this fear of higer direct and indirect taxes....is it justified  ?  johnzx.

Can you please explain what you mean, what the taxes are etc?

This message was last edited by johnzx on 01/10/2012.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2012 3:00 PM by damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

I know folks who have been broken into more than once in the UK!

What about the higher direct and indirect taxes in the UK.

It all depends on the starting position when you talk about something being higher, yes they maybe but the hike may only be from 4% to 10% but it may still be lower than in another country, so the statement is a little missleading.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ryder Cup - 1 posts
The easiest job in spain - 0 posts
What Fruit and Veg are at their best now? - 10 posts
Wasjigs - 0 posts
mobile phones - 7 posts
Advice Please - 10 posts
Looking for opinions from young, professional couples in Spain - 1 posts
¿up the proverbial? - 0 posts
Living on 1000.euros - 125 posts
Line Dancing - Costa Tropical Area - 1 posts
Friend's grandmother clips son around ear-hole: a sign of true integration? - 9 posts
Long Term Car Hire - 5 posts
Hi, I'm new here and would like some suggestions. - 19 posts
Storms in Southern Spain - 8 posts
Geoff - 3 posts
geoff - 0 posts
The flash floods - 0 posts
Community Fees by Direct Debit - 2 posts
property ¬banks - 0 posts
Price comparison and service in Spain - 7 posts
Flash Floods in Southern Spain - 4 posts
Spanish Bank Pursuing UK and Irish Assets - 3 posts
Masmovil network - 3 posts
Why go back to the Uk? Is Spain not cheap enough? - 216 posts
U.K. Driving licence. - 36 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x