Price comparison and service in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Sep 2012 10:11 AM by carron Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Living in Spain is a dream to UK

Much depends on your lifestyle. 8 months minimum is casual.  It costs money to driver round looking for cheaper petrol so why bother.

I food shop fortnightly, in UK it was monthly to save hassle of queuing.  here you get a smile.

I am happy to pay for stress free life here and see a smiling face which you do not get in UK. 

Like 0      
29 Sep 2012 2:46 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Believe me, you are living in cloud cukoo land if you think Spanish shop assistants are always smiling! Like everywhere else Spain has its share of surly, rude, indifferent and downright unhelpful staff. UK also has smiling faces Nothing is black or white!

Like 0      
30 Sep 2012 3:41 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

hehehehe i cheat I shop online, where I do the smiling :)

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
01 Oct 2012 7:41 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

i think i should elucidate - i prefer shopping in UK as there are more choices.  When I am in Spain I find the choice more limited in the supermarkets ie organic/free range chicken.  I do adore fish so that's good to buy.  But overall I am pleased with the choice here in the UK.  I cook a lot of Thai, Indian and Japanese and I just haven't been able to buy these ingredients in Spain.  Here I can order from the wing yip emporium online which is delivered free the next day,  or pop to local supermarket no probs.  But I do like sitting in the comfort of my own home, with a nice cuppa ordering from my favourite supermarket Waitrose.  I do miss that ability when in Spain

Like 0      
01 Oct 2012 9:30 PM by k 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

Believe me, you are living in cloud cukoo land if you think Spanish shop assistants are always smiling! Like everywhere else Spain has its share of surly, rude, indifferent and downright unhelpful staff. UK also has smiling faces Nothing is black or white!

Customer service, here in Spain? you are kidding right?  Very lucky if they even look up at you! I find them to be very rude and even hear them talking very rudely about customers they have had difficulty with before they are even out of the door.

I miss the choice of UK supermarkets. I don't know what is is about Carrefore but it is a huge supermarket but doesn't actually seem to stock much food. I too mourn the loss of organic food readily available in places like Sainsburys etc. It is getting better here but it is very expensive when they do have anything.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2012 10:02 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I was somewhat reticent to make such a comparison, as last time I did I was shot down for being negative or ridiculed for living in the lowest crime area in the UK.   (methinks though doth protest too much).   I have had considerable experience of shopping in Spain and the  UK and I prefer the UK everytime.  Our supermarket staff are far more helpful and courteous;  even Lidl is better than any supermarket I have been to in Spain.  Plus there are so many things I can't buy in Spain ie cola without aspartame, you just cannot buy this in Spain and that is just one example.  Big thumbs up for supermarkets here in UK.  Waitrose just cannot be beaten for selection and staff, with Sainsburys a close second.  I know I am running the risk yet again of being negative or ridiculed but i don't care:)   Do your worst!

Like 0      
01 Oct 2012 10:45 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

If you are handy to a branch you should remember that "Iceland" in Spain carries a lot of Waitrose goods on their shelves.

It may not be a very good employer!!! but the range is pretty good.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2012 12:00 AM by k 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

Sin sucre!!! on eveything that is supposed to be healthy for you. Yes right but just dollop of Aspartame in to boot. Very healthy indeed. The UK has caught on that not everyone wants the very damaging for your health aspartame in the last few years. Spain has not and does not look likely to for some time yet. Healthy food? Have a danone and you'll be right as rain. Does anyone else notice that most of the Spanish ads are Yoghurt related? And as for the amount of E numbers in everything, well...............

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Flash Floods in Southern Spain - 4 posts
Spanish Bank Pursuing UK and Irish Assets - 3 posts
Masmovil network - 3 posts
Why go back to the Uk? Is Spain not cheap enough? - 216 posts
U.K. Driving licence. - 36 posts
When the family come to visit - they won't all fit in the car. - 1 posts
Ryanair Flights - 2 posts
Spanish TV in the community - 1 posts
BRITISH DRIVING LICENCE AND RESIDENCE - 0 posts
Exporting ypur Spanish car to the U.K. - 0 posts
Temoporary Structures, What are the rules? - 1 posts
FIAT PUNTO - 1 posts
what happens if you have lost your nie? - 2 posts
BRITTANY FERRIES STRIKE - READ IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING UP TO 28 SEPTEMBER - 0 posts
BRITTANY FERRIES STRIKE - READ IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING UP TO 28 SEPTEMBER - 0 posts
Mastercard - 1 posts
greedy wife stealing inheritance from children - 0 posts
Form 210 Joint Property Ownership - 6 posts
Registering with a doctor - 11 posts
Tenants rights - 2 posts
Hi. New guy here looking to move to Spain eventually - 33 posts
Hello. I am new to this forum and would like some advice please - 0 posts
British driving licence and Residence in Spain - 245 posts
Large Hi Roof van leaving nw,eng for murcia oct 15th - 3 posts
garden work - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x