Olympics on T.V.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2012 8:57 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Why is it that the programmers of the main channels think that absolutely EVERYONE wants to watch the olympics 24/7? It can be said that the majority might want to but I can assure you that not everyone does. This being so why oh why are we treated to Olympics on BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc. virtually all the time? As said by televisiontechnology there are at least 24 new channels dedicated to showing olympics on freesat so why do we have to also have them  on the main channels and  BBC news 24. I for one am heartily sick of the Olympics thinking what a wicked waste of money it is for money that is not there.  Making a lot of people obscene amounts of money for 'overseeing' collapsing companies (G4S for example).

How much money has the BBC paid (out of licence payers money) to screen sports that not many people want to see? Also what has happened to the original ideals of the Olympics that it was for the best amateur competitors in the world to compete against eachother? Now it is big business and money and as an after thought the actual sport.

Whilst I am having my rant I thought that the Olympics were for SPORT. I define sport as a competition where it is 'the first past the post'.  i.e. a race, who can throw something farther than everyone else, who can score the most goals etc. not what a few officials who judge a 'performance'. These judges are always partisan and do not judge a competitor from another country that is not friendly to ones own country, equally.

There needs to be a big shakeup of the whole thinking behind the Olympics and to stop it being only available to cities/countries that can afford to waste say £10 BILLION on staging it. What is wrong with a dedicated site that just holds the games every 4 years? This will save the world billions and also keep the money within the Olympic organisation and not give it to the likes of the rip off merchants and brown envelope brigrade.

I will now await the tirade from the pro Olympians with my epee, my bow and arrows, my small bore and large bore guns, my swimming cossie to make the hasty retreat etc.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2012 5:44 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I agree. The Olympicsopening ceremony hasn't even been performed yet and the Beeb has given up all of BBC1 and parts of BBC2 to this bilge. Sorry, I get fed up with the schedules being manipulated for football (so soon after the Euros? Give usa break!!), so more time being designated to sports on the maon channels.. YAWN!!!

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fools in the Pool - 11 posts
Spanish motorway robberies on british tourist etc - 105 posts
Where to buy TV accessories/cables etc - 1 posts
Last Olympic satellite UK TV update - FTA, Freesat & Sky - 0 posts
How do I stop this nonsence - 29 posts
pool - 0 posts
Banks - What can we do? - 0 posts
Taking a UK mobile phone to Spain. - 8 posts
- 0 posts
How do I delete a previous thread? - 0 posts
SAT NAV - 2 posts
Underhand Shenanigans in Formentera del Segura - 0 posts
Brits urged to take out travel insurance as hospitalisation cases soar - 12 posts
Getting rid of a bad administrator. - 32 posts
No transfer document!! - 0 posts
Not looking good - 9 posts
Any vans with space from Valladolid to Alicante? - 0 posts
disabled and looking for a new life in torrevieja-am I crazy or can I actually do this? - 3 posts
Certificate of Non-Residence - 13 posts
OH DEAR, SPAIN ASKING FOR FULL GOVERNMENT BAIL OUT - 1 posts
Driving license - 6 posts
a uk debt - 14 posts
We save people 40% - 60% on the cost of fuel guaranteed - 0 posts
Removal Van For Sale - 0 posts
RENAULT SCENIC 2004 FOR SALE - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x