taxi needed for 3 passengers + luggage one way only from alicante airport to dolores zip code 03150

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jul 2012 5:38 PM by robin984 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

If you are not a legally established firm, please don't waste my time as I will have my young daughter in the car and don't fancy being robbed~(or worse), having  a car crash or losing money paid out for a taxi on first day!

I'm told the property is only a 15 minute drive from the airport (zip code above) so didn't fall off a banana boat in regards to prices-been quoted abt 56-60 euros for the trip-for a 15 minute cab ride in england I pay £10-15 and airport transfer £20 so sensible, reasonable quotes only please.

Flight arrives at 10:40 Tuesday 17th July 2012-any more information you require to provide a detailed quote please let me know.

Kind Regards

Robin

Like 0      
09 Jul 2012 6:20 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Robin. I am not a taxi nor do I want your business. However I do not know where you got the idea that Dolores (03150) is only 15 minutes from Alicante Airport. According to Michelin routes, which are one of the most accurate routes on the internet, it is 45 km from Alicante Airport and if everything goes well it will take 37 minutes. This does not include waiting time or finding your actual address which might add another 20 mins at least. So to sum up you are expecting someone to work for 2 hours plus petrol for 90+ kms (there and back) for £20.00! If the figures as quoted by Michelin are correct I would bite off the hand of the guy offering to do it for €60.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2012 6:36 PM by robin984 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi steven,

Travel times were given by estate agent and distance were given my estate agent

Kind Regards

Robin

Like 0      
09 Jul 2012 7:34 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
As Steone says it is about a 35 min drive to Delores from Alicante airport. €60 is a good price for a legal taxi.
Good luck

Like 0      
09 Jul 2012 7:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm nothing to do with these people but try http://www.torretaxi.es/  Click on TARIFAS-PRICES at top of page. They charge 45€ Alicante airport to Torrevieja. 38€ to Guardamar per taxi (up to 4 persons).

There's http://www.clydegrovegolf.com/ , also http://www.hts.com.es/

Like 0      
10 Jul 2012 12:49 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Robin.........................if I was a taxi service I would not take your business.

Your 5th ( only ) posting was rude and you do not deserve a decent answer.

This message was last edited by Karensun on 10/07/2012.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 Jul 2012 12:56 AM by robin984 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

hi,

Thanks to all (except Karen) for their helpful posts!

Re: Karen.There was nothing rude in regards to the post-I have seen many similar posts on similar forums whereby illegal taxis have fleeced people-I'm not about to be one of them so its a good thing that anyone matching this description was detered from pming me or replying to my post. Neither does the fact this is my 5th post have any relevance on the matter-at least steone had the common courtesy of demonstrating my misunderstanding of the distance due to the estate agent's incorrect timings!

Robin

Like 0      
10 Jul 2012 1:25 AM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

And the 2012 stand up comedy one liner goes to "Travel times were given by estate agent and distance were given my estate agent" !!!!!

Yes, it must be true if the Estate agent in Spain told you so!,,, Have a nice trip P.S Its 45km each way

Like 0      
10 Jul 2012 8:05 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

how simple could it be ? Walk out of airport & use one of the legal,licensed ,metered taxis in rows outside.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2012 9:52 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Robin....there are ways of putting comments over and I feel that when requesting information you could have been less aggressive. Google legal taxi Alicante Airport. Not all taxi drivers are muggers and killers....in fact they are in the minority.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

costs of monthly medicines - 1 posts
Trendy Barbers - 0 posts
Villa Rental - 1 posts
Healthy in Spain - 2 posts
Selling my property to my UK business partner - 4 posts
onee off payment for internet - 0 posts
Re-mortgages - 2 posts
Log Burners Help - 17 posts
Corvera Airport - 8 posts
A question for those who are legally minded - 0 posts
Duty Free - 2 posts
Exchange rate if Euro collapses - 72 posts
Help I need a good solicitor!!! - 9 posts
cous cous - 1 posts
pool bits,,,, - 0 posts
Contents of 3 bed apartment for sale urgently - 5 posts
AFOS - 0 posts
Aifos latest con - 7 posts
Community Administrators - 43 posts
Good evening everyone - 7 posts
How do you query a bill/report a possible leak with Aguas de Murcia (EMUASA)? - 8 posts
VAN HIRE TO SPAIN - 5 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL TAXATION - 6 posts
Tarragona???? - 1 posts
Royal Air Forces Association Dinner Dance - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x