Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Aug 2012 8:13 PM by geofb Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Ryanair, BMI are to pass on the tax increases

, BA, Easyjet, Flybe, Jet2, Monarch, and Thomson will absorb the increases

I wouldn't have thought it worth the effort to collect the extra tax , after  you had booked

Like 0      
08 Aug 2012 9:05 PM by davidg Star rating. 247 posts Send private message

I know what the deduction is for, but wonder why it is 2 different amounts for flying into the same airport!!!

Like 0      
09 Aug 2012 9:06 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Once again we are only given part of the picture. We know that the Airport Tax has increased as from 1st July. We also know what Ryanair say they are charging AS AN EXTRA over and above what they had already deducted. What we do not know is what the actual tax was before July 1st and what it is now. I have looked at many sites on here and nobody seems to know.

With regard to the different charges for flying from the same airport it all depends on what the original amount was so that Ryanair can get their increase. i.e. If original tax was €3 new tax is €5 and original amount taken was €3 then there will be a €2 extra. Whereas if original amount of tax taken was €1 then the passenger will be charged €4 extra. That part is simple. However as Ryanair never confirm exactly how much tax they are paying it is a shambles. I remember a few years ago when the U.K. exit tax was £10.00 I got seats for £7.50(in total, nothing more! The actual price on my card was £7.50). So in theory Ryanair actually not only gave the seat away for free but paid the U.K. taxman £10.00 meaning a loss of £2.50 per seat! In practice I am certain that Ryanair did not really give away that amount of tax on no income.

The bottom line is it is such a small amount that it hardly seems worthwhile doing anything about it except get a few more grey hairs on here.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The need for more effective monitoring systems and enforceable regulatory controls - 21 posts
car swap or px - 0 posts
car swap or px - 0 posts
sky costa blanca - 1 posts
Telefonica murcia region - 1 posts
UK driving licence in France & Spain - 2 posts
Wall Insulating in Spain - 36 posts
presedent - 31 posts
Mercedes C180 English headlights - 1 posts
Double Posts Appearing On Blogs - 3 posts
Latest mortgage rates? - 5 posts
buying online - 3 posts
This photo says it all - 4 posts
7th Heaven - 2 posts
Maria de Castro (costaluz lawyers) wins my case against el patio - 3 posts
Soft Tub Wanted - 1 posts
La Cala de Mijas Nr Malaga - bilingual school? - 0 posts
HELP - 2 posts
Car hire - 0 posts
Satellite Phone advise wanted - 1 posts
Scrapyard - 3 posts
Caravan wanted: Does anyone know of one in the Costa del Sol area? - 3 posts
Spain or Italy? Come on "La Roja"! - 26 posts
Hyundai ACCENT 1.3 for sale,needs attn,good runner,aircon,etc - 0 posts
Passport size photos - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x