shower and gas bottle water heaters

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jun 2012 6:26 PM by daveysloan Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

hi there all ,,very new to this so excuse me ,,i am  a handy man from the uk currently contracted by freinds to do some upgrading in a property   near torrevejja excuse the spelling ,,they want me to replace existing bath and install a shower also replce current very old gas hot water boiler please could anyone gimme a heads up ,,,,re suppliers alo need to buy tiles etc ,,,,but what kind of shower i thought a thermostic type for spain thanks so much to anyone who can help i,m willing to pay local tradesman for the stuff i,m not sure of

Like 0      
17 Jun 2012 12:15 AM by mumashine Star rating in Near La Serena Golf,.... 27 posts Send private message

mumashine´s avatar

Hiya daveysloan,

My husband a retired heating engineer says in his opinion he would never put a spanish water heater inside a house unless you are really familar with the 'flue arrangement'

Although it would seem the Spanish are comfortable with this arrangement.

Our water heater is outside and the flue is positioned to take the products away from the house.

He would also be happy to use a thermostatic shower.

There are a few small plumbing shops around but he tends to use the bigger DIY shops like Leroy Merlin at Cartagena or Brico at Crevillente.

Good luck

With regards,

Mumashine

Like 0      
17 Jun 2012 7:11 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

If the electric boiler is in the bathroom you cannot legally replace it with a gas one in that position. You can have it in another room but not actually in the bathroom. even if you put in extractors.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2012 8:50 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Dave,
                     I guess you know that just like in UK any gas installations must be signed off by a gas qualify engineer.   

Probably cheaper to let him (or her) to suggest the type of installation and for them to do the work.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2012 1:10 PM by daveysloan Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

thanks for replies and info ,,the gas boiler is fed from a calor gas bottle outside boiler is in kitchen ,,with a small flu going into balcony ,,,,its very old ,,i,ve been on some big diy shop sites but cant find shower to suit but nice reasonably price shower screens and tray  ,,,,in case any one want to lend a hand with info its punta prima near torrivejja  thanks so much 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

C Bar - 2 posts
Garage Bleepers - 2 posts
Manilva Park Green - 0 posts
Looking to rent top floor apt/townhouse for 3m+ - 2 posts
POTATO VODKA - 0 posts
Suzuki LTZ400 quad. Help required. - 0 posts
PLEASE HELP!! URGENT!!! 3 BED PROPERTY NEEDED. - 0 posts
EMZ car hire - 7 posts
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! malaga villa urgently required - 0 posts
Question for you... - 0 posts
Expert to help me import uk motorcycle to Spain - 1 posts
Very cheap cars ooyo website - 1 posts
How to complain about medical treatment? Any ideas welcome - 3 posts
pool help - 13 posts
Flat roofing in Durham - 0 posts
Home in Tormos wanted Private Sale only - 0 posts
VICTORIA DEL FINCA PARCS GRUPO DE ACCIÓN EN EL JUZGADO DE PRIMERA INSTANCIA - 0 posts
Current Spanish PAYG deals- June 2012 - 5 posts
Anyone Recommend a Bulding Surveyor Costa Blanca South - 2 posts
Its a Loan, NOT a bailout!!?? - 33 posts
Confused - SpanishvMortgage - 1 posts
Possible Bank crash - how does it affect my existing spanish mortgage? - 67 posts
LOOKING FOR A CAR PORT - 0 posts
Is double glazing on new builds regulation now in Spain? - 0 posts
morgages - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x